Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

virginia wade wins the ladies singles title at wimbledon.
    JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS are held 7th June to celebrate a quarter of a century of Elizabeth the 2nd's reign.
    Last edited by darren; 19-01-2011, 00:23.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: 1977

I just remember it as being cold and rainy?

Comment

The Sex Pistols being arrested (for reasons known only to the politians) while using their democratic right to sing Anarchy In The UK on a bout directly outsider the Houses of Palriament.
      WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

I remember going to watch James Bond in 'The Spy Who Loved Me' at a Cinema whilst on holiday in Skegness, and an album on K-Tel called Disco Fever ..... it had some crackin' hits on it by Gladys Night & the Pips, The Floaters (LOL!) and of course David Soul!

Comment

The first number one of the year was Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul and the last was Mull Of Kintyre by Wings.
          My favourite number one of the year was So You Win Again by Hot Chocolate.

In this year I went on my first holiday without my parents to Blackpool with my friend.
          sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
            [B][COLOR=indigo]
            My favourite number one of the year was So You Win Again by Hot Chocolate.
            That was on the Disco Fever Album too ....... one of their best tracks incidently!

Comment

Has mixed memories for me. Star Wars (yay). Elvis died and my dad went out and bought a GEC music centre, then decided to buy up every Elvis record he came across and brainwash me. It was like chinese water torture.
              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

this was the year sue barker won the french open ladies singles ttles.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember feeling a bit listless and not interested in the Silver Jubilee because I KNEW Star Wars was coming... and nothing else mattered.
                  Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
                  Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
                  While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
                  Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
                  -Kingsley Amis

Comment

Star Wars

United beating the scousers 2-1 in the cup final

Moving from an old terrace house with no bathroom (had to use a tin bath) and an outside toilet to a modern (well for the 70's anyway) semi.

Loved 1977, has anybody got a cheap time machine handy.

Comment

i remember going to the silver jubilee party we had in our street............lots of people having a good time..........me included.

the year elvis died..........i remember going to get the paper which was the daily express........took me ages to get back home as i sat on the wall reading it.

Comment

I would have been in my 'options' year and feeling like I'd chosen the wrong subjects! lol

I would have also joined the Doctor Who Appreciation Society. Yes, I know, nerdy. But I loved it!

Comment

Ian Botham making his debut v Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by spuggybridge View Post
                            Star Wars

United beating the scousers 2-1 in the cup final

Moving from an old terrace house with no bathroom (had to use a tin bath) and an outside toilet to a modern (well for the 70's anyway) semi.

Loved 1977, has anybody got a cheap time machine handy.
                            Ah Liverpool wouldn't have minded too much as they won the league and their first European cup in 1977

I agree though it was a great year from what I can remember, we actually seemed to have summers back then too!

Comment

I remember Christmas 1977 as a 6 year old looking at toys in the argos catalogue. Does anyone remember who pedal cars that looked like a Range Rover? They did a Police one with a ble light on the bonnet and a phone handset, and an AA Patrol one complete with cones. Too expensive for me but id love to see a picture of one just for ha ha's. Or some old 70s catalogues

Comment

Working...
                              X