Worst (Funniest?) Thing I Did At School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst (Funniest?) Thing I Did At School

I've got quite a list of these as I must admit I was a bit of a menace at school. My favourite has to be my poor chemistry teacher. We were doing an experiment which required a few drops of highly concentrated acid (sulphuric I think) to be dropped into a long test tube type thing (burette stand as far as I recall, dodgy spelling though I expect) We had one at the end of each bench and the teacher was going along very carefully adding the acid to each tube. The tubes had taps on the end and I decided to open ours so as he gently dripped the acid in one end it came out the other onto his nice suede hush puppies. As he continued down the class his shoes began smoking quite dramatically which caused much amusement, including me falling off my stool because I was laughing so much

I accidentely put my head through the window on the school bus-smashed it to smithereens.I guess I nutted it a bit too hard

Comment

Two people from the local bank came to us to explain how the systems work, the varioius accounts, etc. Alas, one was a 20something girl faced with a room full of 16-yr-old boys, they got a bit of a slagging & left after 5 minutes. Our Yearmaster read us the riot act, banned us from all priveleges, threatened to tell our parents. I did nothing but got it 'cos the culprits wouldn't own up - typical ! There was an atmosphere at the school for about a week, when one teacher got us to send flowers & a signed apology to the bank staff.
      Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Originally posted by ruby
        smashed it to smithereens.I guess I nutted it a bit too hard
        I hope you mean the window, not your head

Chemistry must have brought out the worst in me because I seem to remember connecting the bunsen burner to the water tap was always a good one, seeing if you could hit the ceiling with the fountain that it produced. I'm suprised I wasn't expelled really, I used to get sent out of chemistry a lot tho!
        Last edited by wingman; 12-07-2006, 14:21.

Comment

I slipped and fell into a mud puddle right before class. And 2nd place would be that I had a nose bleed that gushed out all over my test papers.
          I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

school dodginess...

Chemistry was my fave class. There was this kid called Nadeem. The teacher had a 'boiling tube' (big test tube) with this Sulphur dioxide (or trioxide?) in it, and Nadeem was supposed to hold it at arms length and smell it. So he shoves it under his nose and snorts, turns red, begins to choke and collapses. (As did we all, out of pure comedy). Luckily the lab was right next to Matrons office. He was alright in the end.

Another time we were supposed to be making oxygen by adding hydrogen peroxide to a flask containing potassium permanganate. We were supposed to add a small amount of dilute H2O2 to the flask, and watch the bubbles of oxygen come out of a tube into a water bath. Michael Khan got a load of concentrated H2O2 and poured it into my flask with the immortal words "Have some Power Juice!" About 5 seconds later my flask exploded, showering me and my book, and even the ceiling, with a highly corrosive mixture of potassium permanganate and concentrated peroxide. My exercise book dissolved and I couldn't revise for my O-level, so I failed. (I think that was the reason!) Must have made an impression cos that was 22 years ago.

Comment

Re: school dodginess...

Well I went to a Catholic comprehensive and spent most of my R.E. lessons sat outside the Heads office for asking some question that was entirelt in keeping with the Christian dogma. Got caned for asking the Bishop one once. Wont post it as I dont wish to upset any of my Christian fellow DYR's
              sigpic
              Mrs Oggy
              ~~~*~~~*~~~
              Count your friends amongst the stars....
              And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Re: Worst (Funniest?) Thing I Did At School

I was in and A level chemistry class and we had spent weeks building up to this great experiment. It was like Frankensteins lab... tubes and stuff all over. The pressure started to build up in one flask and I asked was it OK... teacher said yeah fine that's supposed to happen. Next thing huge bang! Too much pressure!!! The whole set up left the desk and hit the ceiling. It was orange when it left the flask and green by the time it hit the ceiling. We were all hiding under our desks as it crashed back down, sending broken glass all over the room.... as the head of chemistry walked in..... I could have died! lol The stain was on the ceiling for years to come.
                If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Going to show my age now!!:cry:

When I started seconadry school the cookery teacher asked me to put the kettle on. So there's me, filled the kettle and put it on the electric hob. 2 minutes later we could all smell burning rubber, the teacher went mad as the kettle itself was electric, was comletely ruined.
                  I had never seen an electric kettle, let alone used an electric cooker.
                  I was really pleased that I had worked out how to use the cooker and not embarass myself by asking!! Caused lots of laughs for my school mates and took a few months for me to live it down.

Comment

I got caught smoking in the school toilets, at the school disco aged 15. It was the first time i ever tried it. (Never inhaled though didn't like it) The Head of year came into the toilets and i throw the cigarette out of the window and it set fire to a crisp packet and some leaves in the gutter, which were smoking away nicley just as the Headmaster was walking down the cloister with some Very Important Inspectors. Couldn't really deny it was me. My Dad had to come and pick me up from the disco early and the next day in assembly the entire year had to watch a video on lung cancer, me and my freind had to apologise to the Headmaster and Head of year in assembly too in front of everyone.:cry:

Never smoked since i have to add!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

As you would expect I was very well behaved at school

There was one time I did get lines though, and that was for putting drawing pins on peoples chairs. It seemed funny at the time.

I also cheated in a history exam, but i didn't get caught
                      Last edited by HG; 14-05-2007, 21:00.
                      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I was about 6 and the class used to change for PE in the classroom - boys and girls. For some reason I took all of my clothes off, the teacher just said "What on EARTH are you doing!" my reply "I thought I was getting ready for bed"

Comment

I once got told to pull my socks up, I had no idea why I was sent from the room when I replied " but they are up"
                          Heather

Comment

Once got almost expelled for skipping dancing lessons before the Christmas party( you know girls one side of the hall boys other!) sentenced to the Home Economics class for the remainder of the term....result!!!! I was the most popular bloke on the bus home for weeks with my fairy cakes, jam sponges, bacon & bean bake.
                            The eyes have it!
                            sigpic

Comment

I never really got into trouble but had a few embarressing school moments when Iwas 12 I tripped in the school lunch line and got mashed potatos all over my shirt and the guy standing infront of me, but most embarressing was during my sophmore year of high school during a school assembly the chorus which I was in had to sing in front of the rest of the school and this girl who hated me (I have no idea why she did) stepped on my skirt on purpose causing me to fall taking half the chorus with me and as if that wasn't bad enough my skirt got pulled down to my ankles. The whole school got to see my pretty pink underwear with padding(it was my time of the month) I ran off the stage crying. I did come back to finish the concert though.
                              "Flounder don't be such a guppy"-Ariel

Comment

Working...
                              X