X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Oh no"

Wow what a story mate.
    seems you are still scared now.

.We had a teacher mr dickson in secondary school who you never crossed.
    he had dished out so many caninings over the yrs.

anyone who even spoke got the ruler over the knuckles and believe me anyone who got it knew how sore it was.

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
    I can still remember being so scared of a male teacher we had at primary school.I had heard so many horror stories about him being violent,i very rarely went to his desk to get my books marked.One day,he demanded i go to his desk so he could mark my books.I went,and promptly peed my pants with terror.I went back and looked,and saw a big pool of pee beside his desk.He later noticed it,and thought some of the girls had been playing with their beakers of orange squash near his desk,so he asked them not to go near his desk with their beakers anymore. Bad little boy
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

In maths with a particularly soft teacher doing decimals with a class of kids who'd done it 2yrs previous in middle school but the school only had so many o'level classes, "So we have this sum on this side and this sum on that side, what do we do with it now ?"

"stick it up your ****" I mumbled under my breath but with a kind of telepathy at the same time so did Ian, Tony,Toni,Erik and Steve and off we all went to see the head off Maths, soon to become a rector,named Hector and an expert on Pandas so while he was lecturing us on what Herod done to kids we were asking him if pandas ate eucalyptus leaves as we knew if we distracted him we'd get no punishment.

I'm ramblijg but hey-ho, thats nostalgia.

Comment

Re: Worst (Funniest?) Thing I Did At School

At the beginning of the school year, the French teacher either left or was fired depending on who you believed: her or the headmaster. Her replacement was a young, gutless French woman who couldn't control a class and everyone was awful to her. One day, we got the stupidest kid in the class to cover himself in ketchup and lie down outside the window, then when she came in we told her he'd fallen out (the classroom was on the first floor.) She ACTUALLY FELL FOR THIS and fetched the headmaster, who put us all in detention and was furious.

A friend and I spent an entire lesson flicking ink at each other because we knew the teacher wasn't paying attention to us. They didn't notice until the end when our faces, arms, hair and shirts were absolutely covered in the stuff.

In secondary school, I was bullied over my sexuality, and one of the teachers didn't outright say anything to me but made it very clear that she disapproved/that I should somehow not be "allowed" to be the way I was. I used to get back at her by saying stuff like "Good afternoon, Mrs (name), you look LOVELY today" and giggling whenever I saw her. She hated that.

Comment

Tipped a bowl of water out the cookery classroom window one breaktime onto a group of prefects sat on the ledge below. All the rooms were linked together with internal doors so I got well away before they came up.

Comment

A few from me on embarrassing moments at school -

1. Age 5 - Sat down in a group to watch the BIG School TV - it was one of those ones on wheels about 6 feet above the floor! - Happily watching the programme I noticed there was a lot of shuffling and murmering behind me. Looked back and saw a huge puddle eminating from underneath me - kids trying to avoid the increasing flow of the River of Pee - Sent home in a spare pair of shorts with my "wet pair and underpants" in a plastic bag to give to my Mum who was not best pleased!

2. Age 6 - played the donkey in the school nativity - Had to wear a donkeys head made out of a lot of paper mache - got hot and stuffy inside and fainted - cant remember what happened next!

3. Age 9 - Playtime in the playground - knocking a ball about with some freinds - pouring with rain and all other kids in the dry - We were all wearing snorkel parka jackets - Mr Bell (who also rang the bell - some kids didnt get the irony! - came over, ringing his bell, shouting for "you boys, to get in out of the rain NOW!" Confused by this - I was warm and dry in my Parka - I asked why? It was, after all, only rain! At which point Mr Bell became Mr Yell and my ears havent stopped ringing in 40 years!

Age 12 - Asked to go and fill up the bins that held the used clay in art class I duly went out and, for some reason, that I still dont know why it happened, proceeded to clear up the used clay by throwing lumps of it into the air and attempted to launch them as far as possible across the playground with the end of a broomstick...My ears are still red for that one.....

4. Aged 12 - in the school production of Hans Christian Anderson - singing "inch worm" (like you do) for all my pre-puberty high voice could muster, in a bright spotlight, in front of invited guests from the local old peoples home, as a practice before the 4 night production run - afterwards I was informed that my fly was undone and my purple coloured underpants stood out very nicely in the spotlight!!

5. Age 14-15 Split trousers 4 times as my Mum refused to buy me a pair that fit me - each time I had to walk around school with my football shorts over my trousers - I got a bit of a reputation for these incidents

6. Age 14 - Had to feign illness and be sent home after I discovered that I had gone to school with a brown and a black shoe on (I had 2 pairs of the same design)

School - Best days of our lives ;-)
            Last edited by bakermuk; 12-10-2014, 19:14.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              worst thing i did was well its more embarrassing actually.

when i was in home economics my button flew off my trousers and down they came,thing was i was commando but i quickly pulled them up with a beetroot coloured face and the lady teacher sewed it on.
              It happened to the best of us (and the worst in School Darren mate) so at least we was all on a "equal" mate and like a pooster said later on about at Footy

That there/was well bad mate - I feel for you there man

80schav

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
                If it makes you feel any better Marine Boy, in secondary school once I ran the whole length of the pitch in a hockey match with the ball unchallenged and scored a goal. I looked around for congrats, but was met with disdain because it was my own goal!

We also played crab football in our school.
                I never did this at School (in Football/Soccer) as was never lucky enough to be selected/havew a whiff of the School "A" Team - but I know this feeling at quite a young age , regardless sadly

80sChav

Comment

I remember one morning i was late for school, our teacher was very strict about time keeping and i knew she'd stick me on detention for it, so i got to school but instead of going through the main entrance and past the staff room i took a short cut, around the side of the school, then reached an open window which led into the corridor, so i climbed through the window and as i jumped off the window ledge i was busted by an even stricter metalwork teacher!

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
                    I remember one morning i was late for school, our teacher was very strict about time keeping and i knew she'd stick me on detention for it, so i got to school but instead of going through the main entrance and past the staff room i took a short cut, around the side of the school, then reached an open window which led into the corridor, so i climbed through the window and as i jumped off the window ledge i was busted by an even stricter metalwork teacher!
                    Wow - that sounds an horrid thing to happen Nuggy The daftest (but funniest thing) i probably did was at PE we could Tracksuit Bottoms soimetimes - so I thought " a wise move here, do the Full tracksuit" and was well nr on suspended for it (1 of the Bottoms and Jacket'd be a good move - but not both at same time/though i thought I was in theIncrediible Hulk) lol

Anyway I only ended up having a Noosebleed (as did "back in the day" often, then) and that saved me from any Detention/Expelling or Suspension and sent the class/es I was in that Afternoon - crazy giving me Kudos points!!

Comment

I had a bad run and accidentally broke three windows with balls in quick succession...
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                        Wow - that sounds an horrid thing to happen Nuggy The daftest (but funniest thing) i probably did was at PE we could Tracksuit Bottoms soimetimes - so I thought " a wise move here, do the Full tracksuit" and was well nr on suspended for it (1 of the Bottoms and Jacket'd be a good move - but not both at same time/though i thought I was in theIncrediible Hulk) lol

Anyway I only ended up having a Noosebleed (as did "back in the day" often, then) and that saved me from any Detention/Expelling or Suspension and sent the class/es I was in that Afternoon - crazy giving me Kudos points!!
                        I'm still traumatised by the look on the teachers face! he shouted at me but i think he found it funny to be honest, my parents certainly found it funny! A lad in my class suffered nose bleeds, he would let the blood splash all over his desk! We had to wear full PE kits, our PE teacher was married to a male teacher and he would walk through our locker room when we were changing, looking for his wife! Shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                          I had a bad run and accidentally broke three windows with balls in quick succession...
                          Did you try to deny it or were you caught red handed?

Comment

I'm sure most kids did this on the last day of school before summer holidays

Sneak into the headmasters/principles office & played on the PA Alice Cooper's 'School's Out' lol
                            sigpic
                            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                              I'm sure most kids did this on the last day of school before summer holidays

Sneak into the headmasters/principles office & played on the PA Alice Cooper's 'School's Out' lol
                              Not a t mine - we'd not dare, he was stickler for rules (even in fun times), thopghh it'd of been nice to do a "Grease" like on Grange Hill in 96 and sneak into the Staff room lol but stuff like that'd be contavening H&S these days - let alone Burachratic Red Tape!!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post

Originally Posted by zabadak I had a bad run and accidentally broke three windows with balls in quick succession...

Did you try to deny it or were you caught red handed?
                                I went to the deputy headmaster's office voluntarily...
                                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                                X