Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Monkees

Default Re: The Monkees

The bannana slpits is on dvd.I have complete series 1 it is on 6 dvds.I used to watch it quite often when it was on the tv.With features such as The Arabian Knights etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudineJones View Post
    I had a massive crush on Mickey Dolenz too
    Yey for Mickey! I suppose at 6 I only liked him in a nice guy way. Looking back at them now I'd go for Mike. Oooh that bobbly hat
    1976 Vintage

Mickey was my favourite - I won a competition in a magazine and got a signed photo!

Yeah, the Monkees were cool. They're one of those sensations which unite my wife and I, despite there being nearly ten years and a continent between our growing-up years. Recently bought both complete seasons of the Monkees from the States. Still silly, still funny, still SOME cool music on there...

I was born in 1965,and i had a wonderful childhood watching the monkees on telly throughout my infancy.My favourite was Davy Jones,as my mum said he was from britain.Next favourite was Mickey.The lead singer of the Byrds wrote a song about the Monkees,slagging them off for being a made for television band and not a real band.

i loved the monkess i actually sill have their first album on vinyl davy was a sweetie

Saw them on 'Loose Women' the other week. They're on tour! Would be ok if they weren't the same age as my dad! lol
    1976 Vintage

The Monkees actually performed some really excellent songs especially as they had great songwriters working for them such as the Tommy Boyce/Bobby Hart partnership and Neil Diamond.

I remember The Monkees being a staple of the BBC summer morning schedules for some years. I didn't realise they were an actual recording act at the time.

IIRC Neil Diamond, Kris Kristofferson & Carole King all wrote songs for the show.

Supposedly Stephen Stills turned down to be a Monkee as he either wouldn't be allowed to write songs for the series, or would have had to give up the rights for them.
    The Trickster On The Roof