The Monkees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Monkees

Davy Jones & Micky Dolenz were mostly actors and Mike Naismith & Peter Tork were mostly singers & musicians to balance things out.

The Monkees were roughly built around Davy, but while he could sing OK, the only instrument he could play were the drums, but the management didn't want him stuck at the back.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Probably it's fair to say that the Monees were the best Angglo British-American 60s group male-wise

The guy from Manchester - Davy had looks to charm anybody, I can only imagine men wanted to be him as and i bet that men just like Women fancied him too (he was so athletic to boot) ... add all that tot their music and as Neighbours say's "you have the perfect blend"!! Even about 27 to his early 30s he looked only 19 if that

Put simly the Monkees had the lot ... the looks, the music, their own TV Shows and many a hit song too like Daydream Believer and The Last Train To Clarksville!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz60 View Post
        Still got VHS tapes of the Monkees. Lol.

And somewhere,an annual of Micky Dolenz as "The Circus Boy" 1956. As a child actor.
        They were shown on BBC 1 in the early 1980s in that post-children's TV, pre-Nationwide slot.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

On an interesting side note, Scott McKenzie, Who had a massive hit in the 1967 "summer of love" , with "San Francisco" , had an audition when the Monkees's were being formed. He didn't make the grade....

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X