The Monkees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Monkees

I know these guys are from the 60's, but if you grew up in the 80's you might remember their TV series being repeated. For a while my best friend and I were obsessed with the monkees. We loved watching the show and had no clue that it was 20 years out of date as we were only about 6. As far as we were concerned, they were a current band! My fave was Mickey, yet another early crush lol.
    Last edited by Trickyvee; 30-01-2011, 21:40.
    1976 Vintage

Re: The Monkees

I remember watching the tv series when I was a kid, Davy was my fav. I didn't fancy him he just seemed like a nice guy
    Heather

Comment

I and my friends were avid followers of this show in the early 70s. It must have had quite a few repeat runs!

Comment

I used to watch this. It used to follow some show with an elephant dog and monkey in which the theme tune was "one banana, two banana, three banana, four". I heard that it was "the Monkees" themselves in the costumes, but I don't know if this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Brer Bunny View Post
          I used to watch this. It used to follow some show with an elephant dog and monkey in which the theme tune was "one banana, two banana, three banana, four". I heard that it was "the Monkees" themselves in the costumes, but I don't know if this is true.
          that'll be the banana splits!!!!

read here for actors and voices

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Banana_Splits
          Heather

Comment

the monkeys series was real good.
            how long was each episode around 30 mins id say.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

i remember the series with great fondness being part of the bbc weekday morning schedule for the summer holidays which seemed to be on a rota along with those badly dubbed serieslike the flashing blades,on white horses and robinson crusoe

the jack nicholson wrote movie "HEAD" which the monkees did was really psychedelic and weird they dont show that on telly very often

Comment

I had a bit of a crush on Davy Jones!
                sigpic
                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I had the complete collection of the Monkees trading cards; which you got with those packs of tiny pieces of chewing gum. If you turned the cards over and fitted all the pictures on the reverse together, it created a large picture of the Monkees playing a gig.

Comment

I had a massive crush on Mickey Dolenz too

Comment

The bannana slpits is on dvd.I have complete series 1 it is on 6 dvds.I used to watch it quite often when it was on the tv.With features such as The Arabian Knights etc.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
                        I had a massive crush on Mickey Dolenz too
                        Yey for Mickey! I suppose at 6 I only liked him in a nice guy way. Looking back at them now I'd go for Mike. Oooh that bobbly hat
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

check this out.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWea5rB7XlY
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Mickey was my favourite - I won a competition in a magazine and got a signed photo!

Comment

Yeah, the Monkees were cool. They're one of those sensations which unite my wife and I, despite there being nearly ten years and a continent between our growing-up years. Recently bought both complete seasons of the Monkees from the States. Still silly, still funny, still SOME cool music on there...

Comment

Working...
                              X