90's clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 90's clothes

NafNaf definately. But a lot of people went from Acid House (Dungarees into the free festi scene was massively enlarged at the start of the 1990s. The clothing there was crusty - so by definition w/o much brands - chunky jumpers, old boots, army surplus (think Ozric Tentacles). The 1990s seemed to me the most retro obsessed decade (ever?) in terms of clothing ...did it you?

Comment

I reckon what we now know and love as the hoody started to gain its great popularity in the 90's. I know I had a few.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

I had a black tracksuit with a hooded top, my brother used to nickname me the black panther when I wore it.

A lot of 1970's fashions seemed to come back in the 1990's, flares, black Adidas trainers & NHS specs come to mind.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post

A lot of 1970's fashions seemed to come back in the 1990's, flares, black Adidas trainers & NHS specs come to mind.
          Indeed. Chris Evans and Jarvis Cocker took NHS specs to great heights.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

I take it these are NHS specs?

Madonna and daughter Lourdes

Comment

Yep, that's them. Any child needing glasses in the UK in the 70's or early 80's would be lumbered with NHS specs!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                Indeed. Chris Evans and Jarvis Cocker took NHS specs to great heights.
                That's just what I was getting at.

Pulp didn't only soak up 1970's clothing fashions, the inner cover to a different class had a 1970's wallpaper design, & they namecheck woodchip in Disco 2000.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

It was all about the LA Gear trainers for me.

Comment

Each era is characterised by a more or less distinctive style. I mean '70s and even '80s styles are instantly recognisable but I've read numerous articles that seem to bemoan the fact that styles have not appreciably changed in the last twenty years like it has in previous decades -- 1992 is practically indistinguishable from 2012. Though I must say that I'm glad that I don't see those baggy "clown pants" of the early '90s, as I called them, quite as much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by caszhwl View Post
                      NafNaf definately.
                      Yeah a few used to try to wear the NafNaf Trakkies at the School where I went to.

Comment

Naf Naf was designed by Christian Audeiger around that time before he went and did is own thing. the Naf naf goose down Jacket and Gillet was very popular with ravers and the hip hop scene. also things like chippe baggy's, fila trailblazer, TROOP, SPX,BK's & Travel fox could not get enough of this classic wear. four star general and aflecks palace were the places to be shopping.

Comment

Chipie trainers I forgot about them. Always wanted a pair.
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

And for the girls...scrunchies in your hair. I had so many. There's a school photo of me circa 1990 wearing a big red one. Horrendous!
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

I don't know if any other members can recall Benneton? In the area I lived in the 90s - Benneton was a mega massive brand. If I recall right, they were quite flamboyant in their ideas like the Sweater Shop but not quite as over the top with colours that did'nt match like the Sweater Shop and they were a lot dearer I thought/seem to recall too. It's a shame now, I wish i'd owned at least 1 item of Benneton Clothing, it was really cool and defenitly deserves to now be termed Retro easily no question's asked I feel/reckon

Comment

from what i remember chav they where called united colours of benetton.
                                and i sure do remember them.
                                and yes they where very bold with there clothes.
                                lots of bright colours and they sure where flamboyant and bold.

i never did buy any of there stuff and wish i had.

i wonder what happened them i cannot remember hearing them close.

and yes there clothing is perfect for retro clothers.
                                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                                X