90's clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's clothes

I'm trying to wrack my brain for 90's fashions and I'm actually having a bit of a struggle. Here's what I remember so far...

Around 1990, wearing huge pale blue baggy jeans with wallaby shoes (suede, came in all different colours). These jeans were ridiculously baggy from waist to ankle, and people bought a size too big just to be on the safe side. I think Clarkes made the proper wallaby shoes but there were plenty of knock off versions at the time.

Coloured jeans had a bit of a look in at this point too. Red was particularly popular.

1993ish and it was all about Dr Martens and long skirts with little flowers on them.

1997ish wearing trainers with EVERYTHING. Having a pair of ferry-boat sized Nike Air Max poking out from below your smart black trousers was a must

Can anybody help me to fill the gaps?
    1976 Vintage

Re: 90's clothes

I remember Joe Bloggs making jeans many different colours about 1990 - 2, along with their range of t-shirts.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The brand 'naffnaff' was very popular in the mid 90's. Again loads of fakes about. The mid 90's saw the rise of 'Champion' sports wear. Especially the jumpers. I also remember kids wearing 'Spliffy' jeans. They were really horrible imo. Im sure some more will come to my mind later. I'll post them if they do!
      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Juice was another brand that was popular for a short while. People had sweaters with 'juice' written in different coloured letters.

At school we all wore big Pepe shirts (tucked in then pulled out again a little bit to look baggy).

Pods were big too. Amongst the girls there was a certain pod boot that most of us had. It had a stitched front like a moccassin and bits of rope threaded through the sides and of course one red and one green sole. They cost a fortune but I loved mine!
        1976 Vintage

Comment

I was watching a bit of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and it's one of them shows that really sums up 90's fashion for me. Will Smith's various hats, jeans and t-shirts are just a sight to behold, in a way I really miss some of that crazy clothing. Anyone remember those shirts that would change colour over time, I remember them being pretty big during the early 90's, they came in some really loud colours.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
            The brand 'naffnaff' was very popular in the mid 90's. Again loads of fakes about. The mid 90's saw the rise of 'Champion' sports wear. Especially the jumpers. I also remember kids wearing 'Spliffy' jeans. They were really horrible imo. Im sure some more will come to my mind later. I'll post them if they do!
            Don’t you mean Naff Co 54 Naff Naff was a French designer label, different thing altogether.

Who remembers those black jeans with the large coloured patch that covered the top half of the back?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              Don’t you mean Naff Co 54 Naff Naff was a French designer label, different thing altogether.

Who remembers those black jeans with the large coloured patch that covered the top half of the back?
              I'm with stuckinthe80s on this one. It's Naff Naff I remember people wearing. I've never heard of Naff Co 54.
              1976 Vintage

Comment

We called it Naf Naf too!
                Heather

Comment

Shell suits with either Troop or BK trainers were early 90s. CAT boots were a major fashion item too. Waistcoats (more like sleeveless cardies) were prevailant too. Mid 90s seemed to be all checked shirts, inspired by Oasis. Cargo pants with thousands of pockets were also 90s I think.
                  "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Branny so many memories! I got a checked lumberjack shirt for christmas 1990 they were the in thing. I also got a hologram necklace that year along with everyone else, the one with the big eyeball!

I also remember waist coats being fashionable but actual waist coats with the black silky back and patterned front. We wore them at the disco, though I think this was around '88-'89.

Combat pants were one of THE fashion items of the 1990s. Got my first pair around 1994 in Oasis. At that point they were still quite tight and smart like normal dress trousers but with pockets on the legs. Later they became looser with an abundance of pockets and zips.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                      I'm with stuckinthe80s on this one. It's Naff Naff I remember people wearing. I've never heard of Naff Co 54.
                      I think Naff Co was a rip off brand of Naff Naff.
                      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I've still got my brother's 1990s combat trousers, I can still get into them but hardly wear them because they are really hard to iron.

Comment

Ohhh yeah Combats, look really fab on the right man, one of those items only certain blokes can pull off IMO, put when done right, yum LOL
                          Heather

Comment

Checker shirts made of softer twill cotton? JCB suddenly put out a range of clothing to rival CAT didn't they? I also remember two tone baggy jeans, usually like black jeans but from the pocket area to the knee on the front where a different colour like green or red...Then there were bermuda shorts, remember that? Many a market stall was selling that sort of day glo neon tat...

Extremely baggy t-shirts, shell suits, ugh. I also seem to remember Pepe clothing being popular; anything by Kickers shoes around 1994-99 were worn at school too...Girls started dressing like the Spice Girls or like that other girl band of the time who wore baggy combats and trainers...who were they? I remember three blondes, two were sisters and a black girl in the group...any ideas???!

Comment

I remember Bermuda shorts being popular at the end of the 1980s, I had a couple of pairs that summer.

Sometimes things come into fashion only a few years after a previous period. Combats came back about 5 years ago & Gypsy tops hardly went away before a 2nd wave.

The other group sf1378 is thinking of is All Saints. They seemed to wear Matrix style long leather coats a lot. My sister had one about 10 years ago (& wanted another!), which I've occasionally used as a measure of how my parents gave into her more.

Comment

Working...
                              X