Did you build a Den?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did you build a Den?

We had a rather tall tree at the bottom of the garden (and I will always be thankfull for it, (that is the tree I used to run to and climb to get away from my angry Mother!! It saved my life times!)

Anyway, one day, I set my heart on a Tree House! So I nicked a load of huge nails and a hammer from Dads shed and took a wooden Davenports beer crate up to a sturdy branch and nailed it there - wasn't quite the dream treehouse, but the view was great! I could shout to neighbours and sit there and dream!

When Mum saw it she went mad at me! But it stayed....................

Comment

Me and my best friend (until I moved Secondary School's) had a great Den that we adapted like Heather mentioned in the first post. Every day now when I go out and go past some certain bushes/tree's (i'm unsure what i'd describe them as exactly), they just remind me of the Den we had.

The bushes and tree was on a slope, like it was going in to a Forest or something - not that it did. It was easy and brilliant to play any outside games, as we did then, like hide and seek etc. Great times indeed
      Last edited by 80sChav; 16-07-2012, 23:25.

Comment

At school when we had PE at the Local Leisure Centre upstairs me and 2 or 3 best mates had a sort of (un-built of course) Den upstairs in the Centre until a Teachers hand sussed that we was'nt taking part in Activities downstairs. All tat probably existed was a few weights but how cool we thought it wa and "our own little place" to nothing but lift weights and chill! Happy day's/times indeed no doubts!

80sChav

Comment

We used a quarry hut as our den when the quarry was closed for the weekend. One memorable occassion we forced open a wooden crate and found it full of sticks of dynamite

The sticks were even primed. I mean, WTF??!! I am sure Health & Safety would have been all over the company like bees on honey as they were criminally negligent storing them like that in an insecure hut. OK, we were naughty too, finding them but we wouldn't have if their security was up to scratch.

Anyway fun time starts here we thought Fireworks night early this year in February

So we took some sticks and made bundles of six sticks (well we might as well go mad )

After a number of rather powerful explosions guess who turned up? You got it: The police with their armed response friends

When they realised we were kids we were taken home & we got a stern telling off from the police telling us we could have been killed

Same from our parents when the police left

Oh happy days
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

We had dens all over the place. Me and my mates used to live on the edge of town so we always played well away in the countryside. I can remember a lot of dens like ours scattered all over the place. One was around an old pond and some kids had built a platform high in the old trees above it. There was two islands in the stream near my home we used one of these islands even going as far as to weave together a lot of twigs and branches to make walls. So many happy memories of Lazy summer days spent in or around our dens. Even made peg guns to protect it whilst we were there, lol.

Comment

we had many dens mainly tree huts.
              thankfully they where not too high up as i didnt like climbing too high
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
              X