Lord Charles Ventriloquist Dummy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Charles Ventriloquist Dummy

Did this dummy ever scare anyone else half to death as a child? I was terrified of him and would run upstairs crying! It looked evil with that monocle. Incidentally I wrote to Ray Alan (the ventriloquist) a couple of years ago and got a really nice reply, he died not long ago, i wonder what happened to the dummy? Did anyone else notice it grew older with him? I can just imagine it in some attic in a creepy old box! (Unless he was buried with it? Now that would be creepy).

Re: Lord Charles Ventriloquist Dummy

I didn't mind him,but I preferred Nookie bear.My brother had a Nookie and when he went into hospital,the nurses thought the hand hole in the back was a tear and stitched it up!

tulip

Comment

He didn't really bother me, although I wasn't particularly a fan of him or any other ventriloquists. There were quite a few around in those days. Lord Charles, Nookie bear, Orville and at a stretch, Spit the dog.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

I thought Ray Alan and Lord Charles were very funny but looking at this picture, there is definitley something rather spooky about the eyes.

Comment

LOL, definitely! Look at those eyes and that monocle! The hair/teeth - Yuck! Still makes me shudder! I once dreamed that I was driving at night and he appeared in the rear view mirror, sat on the back seat!.....I think I need therapy!

Comment

I remember that sometimes Lord Charles himself had a dummy that he called Bertie Bananaskin so you had Ray and Lord and Bertie all in a row doing the act.

On at least two occasions Bertie produced a dummy also (pencil?) so there was actually four different voices but it was so long ago I can't remember much else... anyone know the name of mysterious dummy?

Comment

i thought he was class.
              never really scared me though.
              orville and keith was my fave ventriloquist act.

those jack in the boxes scared me.
              one in particular the fisher price one.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I thought he was really funny and very clever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Zn3M-WMzM
                sigpic
                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Ray Allen also did a tv show called 'Animal Quackers'.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorbluebox View Post
                    Ray Allen also did a tv show called 'Animal Quackers'.
                    I don't remember that one, unless you mean Ray's show, "Titch and Quackers" about a small boy and his pet duck (both ventriloquist dummies, of course).

Comment

HATED Ray Allen and Lord Charles with a passion....same goes for Keith Harris and Orvil....I did like the Monkey he had though....a tiny bit. As soon as Allen would come on, in our house Dad would take the mick, Mum would say she hated him and we'd all want to change the channel....good.

Comment

Working...
                      X