games master

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• games master

today i brought a games master mag which i started a thread on and it rung bells
    who remembers gamesmaster on tv ??
    i use to love the cheat zone there was about 3 cheats per episode some times 4 but never the game i was playing or stuck on
    any one else use to watch this and have same problems or better still did any of you get on the show ??
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Re: games master

I remember it fairly well, presented by Dominik Diamond with Patrick Moore as the Gamesmaster.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

i remember it very well as i have a complete set of all 7 series' on DVD plus i'm friends with Dominik Diamond (total legend) on Facebook, fave show of all time.

Comment

oh matey have you are they from tv or have you brought them ?

Comment

they don't exist on any official medium, but via the Gamesmaster forums alot of members were able to procure complete sets from a very nice dude at Shepperton Studios, he had them all taped off the telly from back in the day and kindly put in the time and effort to convert them all to DVD and make very professional DVD boxsets.

Comment

This was a genuinely entertaining and humourous programme. So much so that I didn't even have a 16-bit console but I still watched the show anyway.

Comment

loved this show.
              thought patrick moore was funny.

i liked the challenge where 2 peoplw would play against each other great fun.

never new it went on for so many seties.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Found this while digging around
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEFr6ACZ8sI

Apparently, Dominik Diamond disliked copresenter Dave Perry and rigged a competition so that Diamond's real life best friend (Kirk Ewing) would beat Perry in the final of a gaming tournament. Perry is visibly p--sed off when he realises what happened. Perry was so annoyed with the stunt that he never came back to the show!
                Last edited by Avahi1057; 28-11-2012, 05:10.

Comment

dominik was great on tha program use to love how excited he got on a match poor players couldnt focus on game no wonder they lost with him shouting like mad in the back ground lol

Comment

oh he was so enthusiastic he really got into it.

yeah players could not concentrate.

but he was so good for the show.

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                    dominik was great on tha program use to love how excited he got on a match poor players couldnt focus on game no wonder they lost with him shouting like mad in the back ground lol
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I remember it being on pretty much every morning during the school holidays one year, it was great. Even though I never owned a console myself until 1997, my SNES/Mega Drive owning mates introduced me to the show. I remember watching one of the compilation shows and a couple of kids were playing each other on Tekken 2, one of them pulls off this non-stop combination of moves, not stopping at all and just moving from one throw to the next. I was totally impressed, I had never seen anything like that on a fighting game.

As for the magazine itself, the first time I bought it was because it had a Mortal Kombat 'bible' included with it. It was a little book full of character profiles and secrets and moves. It was a great little book but I ended up selling it to a school mate years later, imagine his anger when he noticed the 'Free with Games Master Magazine!' mark on the top corner.

Comment

I also used to watch this in spite of not having a console.

Some of my friends did so I didn't want to be out of touch.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Palazzo View Post
                          As for the magazine itself, the first time I bought it was because it had a Mortal Kombat 'bible' included with it. It was a little book full of character profiles and secrets and moves. It was a great little book but I ended up selling it to a school mate years later, imagine his anger when he noticed the 'Free with Games Master Magazine!' mark on the top corner.
                          not always a bad thing, i used to have a Final Fantasy VII 'Master's Guide' that came free with a mag, and it was very descriptive on how to breed the right chocobo's with full colour pictures and everything, it was a brilliant guide, but i lent it to a mate and never saw it again, i'd gladly pay to own it again.

Comment

Pants
                            DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

s'funny how some things stick in your head LOL

2:11
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
                              DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X