As it happens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As it happens

Back in the early 90's Andy Kershaw hosted a live Saturday night show called As It Happens.He went to various locations on a Saturday night to see what they were doing.
    I know this because I worked in a diner that he hosted the show from but for love nor money I cannot find the show on any listings

Does anybody else remember this show(I think there were only about 6 episodes)

Re: As it happens

Ah yes, I remember this. I think As It Happens may have started before Andy Kershaw became the host. I recall that he took over the show after a couple of series. However, I'm sure that I watched it during the school holidays as it was on during the daytime on Channel 4 I think. I'm not sure who originally hosted it. But the premise was pretty simple, they just wondered about interviewing anyone they bumped into. Obviously it relied on a charismatic presenter to carry it off.

Comment

A bit of info - http://www.tvcream.co.uk/?p=547

Originally presented by "MICHAEL GROTH or PADDY HAYCOCKS".

Comment

Originally posted by Pottert View Post
        Back in the early 90's Andy Kershaw hosted a live Saturday night show called As It Happens.He went to various locations on a Saturday night to see what they were doing.
        I know this because I worked in a diner that he hosted the show from but for love nor money I cannot find the show on any listings

Does anybody else remember this show(I think there were only about 6 episodes)

Phew what memories this brings back Pottert. Though I could be wrong sorry (from what I recall - I think that it was shown on Channel 4 on a morning in the week). As well I think (though again, I may be slightly wrong here too) that the programme investigated con-artists too (by having them set up and exposed for their crimes). Whatever happend in the differing episodes though, without doubt a shafow of a doubt iit truly was an "hidden gem" of a show before "fly on the walls" became mundane

80sChav

Comment

Working...
        X