Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 01 811 8055 embedded in your memory too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 01 811 8055 embedded in your memory too?

01 811 8055 is the telephone number for Multicoloured Swap Shop.

Memorised by a generation of children who never had a pen or pencil to hand, the number was drummed into us by Noel Edmonds and Cheggers.

On a similar theme what about: BBC Television Center, Wood Lane, London W12 8QT.... That must have been the first post code learnt by thousands of kids up and down the country.

Re: Is 01 811 8055 embedded in your memory too?

I was too young to remember that number, but the BBC address was used on a lot of programmes.

I remember the Going Live number, 081 811 8181, mostly because of the jingle they would play a few times per show. It was used for some other shows as well.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

lol I remember that phone number so clearly!

Comment

I was going to say the 081 811 8181 number as well! Also vaguely remember the live and kicking one, but can't quite get it yet!

Comment

I knew that phone number as soon as I saw it just then!! Also remember the post code.
          ...chilli...

Comment

01 811 8055 was later used for Crimewatch on BBC1

Comment

"...and don't forget the '01' if you're outside London."

Bizarrely, Noel Edmonds did the whole intro to Swap Shop on 'Deal Or No Deal' a week or two ago. He was making a point about a lot of recent contestants swapping their boxes at the end of their games, but it was great to hear him do it again. He said it took him back 30 years.
              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
                "...and don't forget the '01' if you're outside London."

Bizarrely, Noel Edmonds did the whole intro to Swap Shop on 'Deal Or No Deal' a week or two ago. He was making a point about a lot of recent contestants swapping their boxes at the end of their games, but it was great to hear him do it again. He said it took him back 30 years.
                The '01' part reminded me of the show,that was on sundays called '01 for London'

Comment

"01 if you're outside London" was also used in Saturday Superstore. I'm not sure if it was used for Going Live!, which I remember having the jingle "Going Live on 081 811 8181".
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember swap shop.When tizwaz became really popular,there was a kind of clash at school amongst the kids,over who watched what and why.It turned out,listening in a lot,that most people who watched tizwas,lived in council estates or high rise flats,whilst most of the kids that watched swap shop,were middle class.Strange,but true at our school.

Comment

Working...
                    X