Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid things you were scared of when you were little.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stupid things you were scared of when you were little.

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
    The Balok puppet from Star Trek whose image would appear in the end credits.

Yep, another scary favourite who has popped up in this thread before. Who thought it was a good idea to put his face in the end credits of every episode? Terrifying!
    1976 Vintage

Comment

C&A had large, black security cameras in their stores hanging from the ceiling that looked like Dalek machine gun turrets. They really un-nerved me as a child.

Comment

Originally posted by jason h View Post
        C&A had large, black security cameras in their stores hanging from the ceiling that looked like Dalek machine gun turrets. They really un-nerved me as a child.
        I used to find them really creepy, the Boots in Stockport had them, along with some other bigger shops in Manchester.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Archair thriller theme always scared me:

Comment

I found the Castrol GTX advert from the 70s very menacing.

Comment

Not knowing what engine oil looked like, me & my brother used to watch the Castrol ads & think it was golden syrup, though it wouldn't taste nearly as nice!
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I used to quite like the Castrol ads. Something very soothing about the oil, especially when in goes straight down the white line on the can.

Has reminded me of being wary of large round canisters on the underside of big lorries. I have no idea what these were but most had them. Possibly something to do with air breaks? I thought they looked like strapped on bombs.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

the opening credits to box of delights

both music and the images.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Cuts on my wrists.

Someone told me that if you cut your wrists you can bleed to death.

Even tiny (and I mean tiny) scratches on my wrists had me nearly wetting myself.

Oh yeah, and as one person here has said, Salem's Lot (but it is NOT stupid to be scared of Salem's Lot when you are 8!)

Oh, almost forgot, the Groke out of the Moomins...I didn't like that.
                    Last edited by Jedi Knight; 27-11-2014, 17:53.

Comment

I used to find this statue, now in Budapest, scary. Back then it was at a local shopping centre near my house.

Comment

i can see why u would think it scary victor u mean they moved it to budapest looks like something kinda greek.

Comment

The statue is by a Hungarian sculptor. I seem to think that the statue was removed from the shopping center sometime in the late '70s or early '80s but when it was installed in Budapest I have no idea. Perhaps the one at the shopping centre was a copy and if so I don't know what happened to it.

Comment

Its big and imposing dont like it at all

Comment

For some very weird reason the General Electric logo used to scare me as a kid. I remember one night I was by myself in the room watching TV and a show that was sponsored by GE came on and when this large GE logo flashed on the screen I ran from the room in terror! Even today when I see it, though I obviously don't find it scary anymore, it still makes the hairs on the back of my neck go up.

Comment

thats a great point about looking like bombs or something very dangerous i thought that myself growing up and wondering what they really where.

in superman 2 u see zod firing his eye laser at that very thing and i think it was about to explode which made more wary of trucks with them.

another was the music to the tripods it really was frightening not to mention the tripods themselves where rather scary, really tall silver and sucked u up in a green light.

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                                I used to quite like the Castrol ads. Something very soothing about the oil, especially when in goes straight down the white line on the can.

Has reminded me of being wary of large round canisters on the underside of big lorries. I have no idea what these were but most had them. Possibly something to do with air breaks? I thought they looked like strapped on bombs.

Comment

Working...
                                X