Kids book abount saphires, emeralds, rubies and possibly pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids book abount saphires, emeralds, rubies and possibly pirates

My memory of this great book has faded a lot but I vaguely remember pictures of a beach and precious stones. Appreciate that there isn't much to go on here but it was one of my favourite books that I read in late 70s or early 80s. It would be fantastic if anyone can remember any more.

Re: Kids book abount saphires, emeralds, rubies and possibly pirates

At a guess, it sounds like a How and Why Wonder Book.

Hmm, possibly Rocks and Minerals?

http://theartofchildrenspicturebooks...der-books.html

Comment

Originally posted by I. R. Fincham View Post
      At a guess, it sounds like a How and Why Wonder Book.

Hmm, possibly Rocks and Minerals?

http://theartofchildrenspicturebooks...der-books.html
      Thanks for the reply but it was more of an adventure story rather than a educational book but sorry for the lack of details, I can remeber very little about it now other than I thought it was great as a kid.

Cheers

Comment

Hi, kid always like best comic of superman and also now modern child's like a realistic comic like a terrorism.

Comment

Hi,

If you're still interested the books you remember were the 'Griffin Pirate Series' by Sheila K. McCullagh.

for further details look on wikipedia.

Philip.

Comment

Philip - I think you have it by jove! Thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by blobbins View Post
              My memory of this great book has faded a lot but I vaguely remember pictures of a beach and precious stones. Appreciate that there isn't much to go on here but it was one of my favourite books that I read in late 70s or early 80s. It would be fantastic if anyone can remember any more.
              I see there's a follow up response suggesting the 'Griffin Pirate Series' by Sheila K. McCullagh' as the title(s) in question.
              Whilst I'm no nearer to a definitive answer I can state that 'hers' are not the answer. I recall reading the book or books you're thinking of at primary school sometime between February 1966 & July 1968 yet SM's series was published in the seventies AND refer only to pirates by 'colour' rather than by precious stone - Emerald, Ruby and Sapphire.

Comment

Originally posted by blobbins View Post
                I can tell you the exact book. It's 'The Green Pirate' by Sheila K. Mccullagh. Enjoy!
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                X