Computer Mags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Computer Mags

I used to get Commodore Format. My first issue had a woman on the front. It was issue 9.

I played Zamzara to death. Great game at the time. I also preferred how they used to do the covers then. That cover was actually a pull out poster, she was defending herself against some flying green monster. When i look at magazine covers now it makes me sad. They just end up plastering whatever game comes out that month on the front. No imagination at all.

I used to get Zzap64 as well. I cannot remember which issue I started on, I think it would have been around the same time as the magazine above. I think it says June 1991 so there about I reckon.

Here are the covers.

http://www.zzap64.co.uk/coverszzap.html

I think I joined in the Zzap64 on the Rodland cover, although I'm not sure. I seem to remember a Zzap64 having loads of Elvira stuff in it as well at some point. Me and my friend both had C64's and we both got the mags and I certainly remember his room having the Elvira poster from one of the Zzap64 issues hung up on the wall. I cannot see it in that line up of covers though, it must have been inside as a pull out or something. I'm certain it wasn't in Commodore Format as the general image of that magazine was more professional. Zzap64 was like toilet humour and juvenile from what I remember.

Here's all of the Commodore Format covers.

http://www.bombjack.org/commodore/ma...ore-format.htm

I don't remember any of the covers after around issue 38. I do remember playing Lemmings on the C64 so it is possible I got further issues after that.

After that I got An Amiga 1200. I got various mags for that, although the one I got monthly was Amiga Format. Looking at the dates it's totally possible I switch mags over the space of a few months.

http://amr.abime.net/cover_scans_4

I started at issue 60 in June 1994. Issue 92 With Worms 2 on the front is the last cover I remember. I maybe got a few issues after that but cancelled shortly after.

I used to get the Official UK Playstation Magazine but the only cover I can see in the images of google is the Tekken 3 one. I can only assume it's still going in some sort of guise seeing as all the images I can see have recent games on them.

I had a bit of a break from gaming and came back into reading Edge magazine. I think this was the issue where I started reading regularly.

I read Edge religiously until games™ magazine came out. I got them both side by side but eventually stop getting both. Were are well into the 00's with those though, so I won't go into that.

It's been good to look back on the magazines I read throughout my life though. A nice jog down memory lane. I hope you enjoyed it too.

Comment

Re: Computer Mags

Yeah I used to read Zzap in particular and some others like Commodore User , Amiga Computing etc.

I was able to get digital versions of the complete series of magazines later and I still occasionally read articles that I remember seeing back in the day.

Comment

Working...
      X