Martin Fords clothes shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Martin Fords clothes shop

You lucky beggars.... you got shop bought school uniforms? You were really posh if you had shop bought round by us. Hand me downs from bigger cousins/siblings if you were lucky..otherwise mothers home sewn skirts and hand knitted jumpers that started off fitting me and ended up fitting the whole class as they stretched in the wash.
    sigpic
    Mrs Oggy
    ~~~*~~~*~~~
    Count your friends amongst the stars....
    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

Well it has taken a week to kick in, but I do remember Martin Fords, very popular during the early part of the 1970's for me and my mates. Got a fair few pieces of clothing and the prices were very good. Used to have one in our local high street and very disappointed when they closed down. Think it was replaced by Etams. Are they still around??

Comment

martin fords!

Does anyone remember buying their school skirts from Martin Fords, school bags from Chelsea Girl and then feeling a million dollars in a "Hacking Jacket"
        sigpic

Comment

whilst i dont recall the name martin fords. I remember shopping in chelsea girl in croydon with my big sis between 1985-87. a lot of the clothes were too big for me as it was for older girls as i remember and i got most of my clothes from tammy girl. there wasnt a lot of choice in those days to buy decent clothes. when the first H&M appeared in croydon in 1990 i was amazed by the wicked style, and to buy something there as a kid was like shopping at designer shop! when chelsea girl shut down in 1989 river island moved in, thats when all clothes market changed. Etam were seen as not so stylish, maybe thats why they eventually closed down their chains a couple of years ago as they just couldnt compete. Other famous chains from the 80's i recall were dolcis, C&A's and top shop. Top shop in the 80's was not the trendy "indie"shop it is now, i remember it was a shop for anyone to buy cheap everyday clothes.
          "Man who catch fly with chopsticks accomplish anything"

Comment

Re: martin fords!

Martin fords was the most fashionable place to get school uniforms when i was a teenager they had a way of making everything look so with it.....

Comment

Working...
            X