• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jason h
    replied
    Re: Men in Pink

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    Did you also wear a white jacket with the sleeves up with those low cut shoes (almost sandals) with no socks.
    No - didn't quite go the full Don Johnson. You could get your head kicked in for that round our way.

I do remember cutting up an old T-shirt to show off my navel (like cropped tops that girls wear these days). Thankfully I never made it out of the house with it on. It was a very confusing time.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by jason h View Post
    Without a doubt, Miami Vice set the trends for how you chose your "going out" clothes. Mine was a pink Le Shark T-shirt that I wore with beige chino trousers. I think I might have worn the shirt with the collars up.
    Did you also wear a white jacket with the sleeves up with those low cut shoes (almost sandals) with no socks.

Leave a comment:

• jason h
    replied

Without a doubt, Miami Vice set the trends for how you chose your "going out" clothes. Mine was a pink Le Shark T-shirt that I wore with beige chino trousers. I think I might have worn the shirt with the collars up.

Leave a comment:

• ridski
    replied

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
    By the way, you look like a really young Tom Hanks in that pic! Apart from the hairdo! Am I right or am I right, DYR posse?
    Actually he really does look like Tom Hanks.

And pink has been a perfectly acceptable color for men's dress shirts for about 5 years. Why, there's even a well-respected chain of shops that sells hardly anything but pink shirts.

When I was a kid I used to dream of having enough money to buy a real pastel colored Pringle sweater. Had to make do with knock-offs.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied

In the last few days I spotted quite a few men in pink shirts.

Since posting this so have I!!

Must have raised my pink shirt radar

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Hey!!

LOVE THAT!! LOL!! I like your sister's outfit - whats wrong with looking like a Spice Girl. I look like one - OLD Spice!

Great Pic!

T x

By the way, you look like a really young Tom Hanks in that pic! Apart from the hairdo! Am I right or am I right, DYR posse?
    Thanks,

The nearest I've been compaired to Tom Hanks was by my ex-girlfriend, used to joke that I was like Forrest Gump in some ways.

Leave a comment:

• Teejay
    replied

Hey!!

LOVE THAT!! LOL!! I like your sister's outfit - whats wrong with looking like a Spice Girl. I look like one - OLD Spice!

Great Pic!

T x

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Here we go, the other fashion faux pas is my hairdo which my brother used to call the "beefburger" style as it looked like a burger in a bun on my head.

My sister stopped wearing the outfit she's in after my Aunt claimed it made her look like one of the Spice Girls.

In the last few days I spotted quite a few men in pink shirts.

Leave a comment:

• Teejay
    replied

They are more of a light red. I'll see if I can upload a picture sometime.
    Hey Rich,

We're still waiting for the pics!!

T x

Leave a comment:

• branny
    replied

I'm 41 and can honestly say i've never owned any item of clothing that is pink, even as a baby. The only thing I own that is Pink is Get this party startd on CD single.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Would that something be a straightjacket? LOL!!

Pink's for us girlies!! (And Graham Norton).

T x
    They are more of a light red. I'll see if I can upload a picture sometime.
    Last edited by Richard1978; 30-06-2009, 23:44.

Leave a comment:

• frame
    replied

I've still got pink shreddies which an ex girlfriend bought for me.(no pic enclosed!)

Leave a comment:

• rossobantam
    replied

this is all sooooo Crockett in Miami Vice.....pastel shades galore!

a great opportunity to link one of my fav ever tv clips

Miami Vice Cry

Leave a comment:

• Teejay
    replied

I have a couple of pinkish shirts, which normally wear with something on top of.
    Would that something be a straightjacket? LOL!!

Pink's for us girlies!! (And Graham Norton).

T x

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
    Yeah I remember that well!!! Lemon and light blue were also popular with lads too. I had a really 'nice' lemon cardigan that I wore my pink Lacoste polo shirt under. Thought I looked great! Much to my dads horror!
    It sound's like Adam Hart-Davis's cycling outfit when he was on Local Heroes.

I have a couple of pinkish shirts, which normally wear with something on top of.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X