Tempo garden peas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tempo garden peas

On the BBC News website last week, they mentioned an old plastic bag which once-upon-a-time (the late 1960s perhaps?) contained garden peas and had the brand name of Tempo on the packaging. The bag pre-dated decimaloisation in 1971 as it mentioned the pre-decimal (2/6, half-a-crown, 12 1/2p, call it what you will) price on the empty packaging from a beach near Minehead. I happened to find myself in Minehead the year before last when having my mystery tour of Somerset, but never mind about that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cgxqvjyv18qo

I had never heard of Tempo garden peas, but does the name ring any bells on here? Perhaps they were a regional brand just like some bread companes still are, and were only sold in the west country? Were they a supermarket own-name brand? Tempo does sound like a supermarket name rather than a company such as Birds Eye. Either: A) they stopped existing many years ago which is most likely; or: B) they only existed in Somerset and are possibly still around in that neck of the woods. I would be interested if anyone remembers Tempo for their garden peas or anything else that they did. I am certain that they did not just do garden peas.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!
Working...
X