Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Learning the truth about Santa

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
    i was told a few years ago that he'd been killed in a skiing accident..........so when there were pressies under the tree that year i then knew he wasn't real
    Sonny Bono was Santa?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      Sonny Bono was Santa?
      omg!!! i dont know............but it was about 1997 i was given the news ............so you saying that santa was also mayor of palm springs too? this is unravelling into something bigger than we realised.

Comment

Learnt the truth about him very early on. It made no sense to me seeing my Dad handing a Trents Toys bagged big box (which indeed was for me: an ACTION MAN GERMAN ARMOURD CAR) to my Mum from the basement of our terraced house window and them up on the stairs to the doorway prior to Christmas. I asked them about it and they got ratty so I knew it was a toy - or hoped it was. Also, we had GAS heaters. How could Santa come down the chimney? I thought it was odd. Also, my parents always mocked Santa, saying things like 'WE buy the toys and HE gets the credit', or: 'some man dressed up as Father Christmas!' I found it funny really. As we weren't Christians we didn't fully go into the tree, Santa etc...perhaps that was why we knew it wasn't Santa giving the pressies but hard working Mum and Dad....

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
          Learnt the truth about him very early on. It made no sense to me seeing my Dad handing a Trents Toys bagged big box (which indeed was for me: an ACTION MAN GERMAN ARMOURD CAR) to my Mum from the basement of our terraced house window and them up on the stairs to the doorway prior to Christmas. I asked them about it and they got ratty so I knew it was a toy - or hoped it was. Also, we had GAS heaters. How could Santa come down the chimney? I thought it was odd. Also, my parents always mocked Santa, saying things like 'WE buy the toys and HE gets the credit', or: 'some man dressed up as Father Christmas!' I found it funny really. As we weren't Christians we didn't fully go into the tree, Santa etc...perhaps that was why we knew it wasn't Santa giving the pressies but hard working Mum and Dad....
          if your parents wanted you to really believe in him they would not have mocked him mate.
          did they know you heardthem saying we buythe pressies he gets the credit.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

On the rare occasions I caught my parents handling goodies that should have been in the hands of Santa I was just told that it was a present for my cousin or whatever and accepted that. By the time the big day arrived and the item was there they'd say they decided to ask Santa to bring one for me too. That seemed fair enough.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Trickyvee and Darren, to find out at 7 is so sad. I was doubting for a while when at 11, I asked my mother outright if he was real. I remember it clearly. I was standing against our back door with my nose pressed against the glass. My mother was putting Bird's trifle out on plates. She said 'no'. I remember the sinking feeling in my stomach. I know I would've believed for that year anyway. I was gutted. Christmas was never the same 'til I had a child of my own.

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
                Trickyvee and Darren, to find out at 7 is so sad. I was doubting for a while when at 11, I asked my mother outright if he was real. I remember it clearly. I was standing against our back door with my nose pressed against the glass. My mother was putting Bird's trifle out on plates. She said 'no'. I remember the sinking feeling in my stomach. I know I would've believed for that year anyway. I was gutted. Christmas was never the same 'til I had a child of my own.
                so ann what do you tell your kid about santa.
                do you make sure not to slip up.

And did you ever let on that you had heard them saying as you where standing against our back door with my nose pressed against the glass. My mother was putting Bird's trifle out on plates. She said 'no.

Comment

Darren, I told my two boys that Santa was real as long as they believed in him. When my oldest told me a long time ago that a boy in his class had told him that Santa wasn't real as he'd found his toys in his parent's wardrobe, I said his parents had to buy his toys 'cos as he didn't believe in Santa he wouldn't come to him.

Comment

gey ann.
                    personally id tell my kids of ever i have any that santa does not exist.
                    but if after telling them that they still wanted to believe in him then thats ok.

do yur kids put out milk and bikkies dor santa.

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
                    Darren, I told my two boys that Santa was real as long as they believed in him. When my oldest told me a long time ago that a boy in his class had told him that Santa wasn't real as he'd found his toys in his parent's wardrobe, I said his parents had to buy his toys 'cos as he didn't believe in Santa he wouldn't come to him.
                    Last edited by darren; 27-06-2012, 00:43.

Comment

I learnt he wasn't real from an early age.I think it was about the time I started primary school from the other kids.It really took the mystery out of christmas for me.That's what we are missing in later life the mystery and wonder of it all that we had as todlers.Still the Easter bunny is real enough ain't he.

Comment

must have been at least ten before i realised he was not real
                        i always wonered how he got down the chimney as we had a fire on that night.

yes easter bunny is real.[hehe

QUOTE=battyrat;169249]I learnt he wasn't real from an early age.I think it was about the time I started primary school from the other kids.It really took the mystery out of christmas for me.That's what we are missing in later life the mystery and wonder of it all that we had as todlers.Still the Easter bunny is real enough ain't he.[/QUOTE]

Comment

I can't remember exactly but I knew for a while before I told my mum I knew, she was gutted!

My wee cousin still believes in Santa and she's 10.

Comment

perhaps you heard in school santa was not real.

im very sure i found santa was not real on my own not because my parents told me.

and to be honest it did not shock me.

Originally posted by nuttytigger View Post
                            I can't remember exactly but I knew for a while before I told my mum I knew, she was gutted!

My wee cousin still believes in Santa and she's 10.

Comment

No I worked it out on my own but I can't remember what age I was lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X