• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danniella
    replied
    Re: Cousins how many did you have

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
    You only had a cardboard box to live in !! That's nothing !!

( Monty Python ~ lol )

My mum was the youngest of THIRTEEN . She had a sister who was the eldest and there were ELEVEN brothers in between them both - who all decided to follow their father's 'footsteps' but in a competitive manner ....

So I have no idea how many cousins I have !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You probably have as many as me

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied
    Cousins how many did you have

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
    Well guys and girls prepare to be gob smacked! I have 10 on my mums side and over 60 on my dads side as he was from a family of 16 siblings, i am the youngest girl in my generation and i'm a twin, my twin is male, twins run in the family on my dads side.
    You only had a cardboard box to live in !! That's nothing !!

( Monty Python ~ lol )

My mum was the youngest of THIRTEEN . She had a sister who was the eldest and there were ELEVEN brothers in between them both - who all decided to follow their father's 'footsteps' but in a competitive manner ....

So I have no idea how many cousins I have !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

Well guys and girls prepare to be gob smacked! I have 10 on my mums side and over 60 on my dads side as he was from a family of 16 siblings, i am the youngest girl in my generation and i'm a twin, my twin is male, twins run in the family on my dads side.

Leave a comment:

• stud1al
    replied

I have only recently found out through tracing my ancestry that i have a first cousin in New Zealand.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

i have loads of cousins, but only really bother with one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Silver Bear
    replied

When I was thirteen my English master said to us in class: ‘You don’t choose your relatives. You do choose your friends. Always remember that.’ And I always have.

Leave a comment:

• marc
    replied

I've got quite a few cousins. Both on my mother's and father's side. Unfortunately, the family is now very scattered. I've seen very few of my relatives in the last 25+ years. Generally, after a death in the family, people seem to lose touch. TBH, many of my cousins I would no longer recognise. There are a couple of relatives I couldn't care less if I see them again or no. One of my aunts was very mouthy to say the least, so to was my cousin, her daughter. My aunt argued quite badly with my grandmother shortly before my grandmother's death. Thankfully, she did not turn up at the funeral.

I did contact one cousin via Facebook, but for some reason, he never replied.

I gave up with some of them years ago.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

My father had met his cousin for the first time in years when I wanted him to go to a certain place (where I live now) to do some shopping. He went along with me, and by doing so, he bumped into his cousin in the street.

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

I have no idea .... my dad had three siblings but my mum was one of THIRTEEN , she was the youngest and the only other girl was the oldest with ELEVEN brothers inbetween them . Of course , the brothers had their own competition to see who could father the most offspring . Guess they felt it was expected given the way their father was ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

I have 8 cousins, 6 male and 2 female. I know where all but one of them live, and keep in fairly regular contact with most of them.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

I have never met any cousins if I have any. I know that one of my aunts emigrated to Australia in the 1960s or 1970s, so there could be a chance that I might have cousins in that country. I will probably never meet them of course.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

I have 3 i know of.
    2 girls and a fella.

last time i saw them was in 1990 i was 15 when i
    threw a bucket of cold water over one of the girls.
    Guess thats why they never came back.:d

they came every year to visit my gran and when she passed away they never came over from england again.

girls where julie and siobhan.

Theyd be around my age.

I COULD HAVE MORE BUT WILL NEVER KNOW.
    I OFTEN WONDER WHAT TH
    OSE 3 COUSINS HAVE DONE OVER THE YRS CHILDREN WERE THEY WORK AT ETC.

KINDA SAD.
    Last edited by darren; 10-11-2017, 16:07.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Yesterday it was my cousins birthday party I met his great grandson of 7 months for the first time making us 4th cousins

Leave a comment:

• Twocky61
    replied

That's really sweet of you J; I assume you are a mother yourself so I wonder have you ever or considered fostering or adopting?

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Well at least you have been honest about it,I mean a lot of people try to keep things a secret but then there is more pressure of being found out by someone.

No feelings for my cousins in that way.The one that lives local with his wife I get on really well with them.They have 2 grandkids and I always put money in their birthday and xmas cards.

I think that I am the only one that does so.I mean he has 2 brothers but they dont contribute.I am only a cousin but I always think of the kids and their my 3rd cousins

Leave a comment:

Working...
X