Breaking the law!!!...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breaking the law!!!...

I stole a kitkat once when I was 10 from my local shop because my friends dared me to. Never again! I was terrified for weeks after that whenever I went in there in case I was found out.
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

i syole an apple from the local fruit shop when i was around 7 or 8.
      no one found out but i neve went near the shop again.
      i wasso worried for weeks after.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

When I was 8 I went to buy a packet of Honey Menthol Tunes from the local sweet shop which was run by a very very old husband and wife. I waited ages for one of them to come out from the back and serve me but no one did so I left the shop. I got almost home and then turned back and took them back and put them back where I'd taken them from. Still no one came out so I gave up and went home.

I reckon I was a thief for less than five minutes in total.
        "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

I never stole anything as a kid ..... but we did light fires in wasteland when making dens, and loved taking part in a good old 'scrap' with rival schools! (never arrested or cautioned I hasten to add)

Comment

I never had the nerve to steal anything as a kid. My mam always said I had a bit of a natural shifty look about me anyway (mothers are always full of compliments aren't they!) so it was enough of a concern not to live up to my swag bag-wielding face!
            1976 Vintage

Comment

According to my mother, what my mate Paul and I got up to in his bedroom in 1977 was illegal in Scotland until 1980......

Comment

I've never stolen anything but I did go through a spell of taking cartons of rotten cress that were regularly left by a dustbin and posting them in postboxes. I'm sure it must be an offence to drop rotting cress onto the queen's image but at the time it struck me as hilarious that the postman would be baffled at where they were all coming from. I was easily amused

Comment

Originally posted by scotchmist View Post
                  According to my mother, what my mate Paul and I got up to in his bedroom in 1977 was illegal in Scotland until 1980......
                  *snigger*

I remember taking some cars from some rich kid who lived in a big house that used to be behind my school playing fields. One day I heard someone say that the owner of the cars was upset because his stuff had gone and he didn't have many friends due to being the rich kid out of all the working class families in the area. Out of guilt I took them back and left them where I found them.

I stole a tamagotchi-a-like toy from a DIY place that sold all sorts of stuff among the wallpapers and paint. I had no idea if it actually belonged to the store, or whether someone had just lost it as it had no packaging. Still, I saw the opportunity and lifted it. I sort of wish I hadn't because looking after one of those was more demanding than looking after a real pet.

During my Amiga days I copied loads of games which is a kind of stealing. I actually felt so guilty about screwing certain programmers I sent them a letter sometime in the early 2000's telling them what I did and that I was sorry for it. Some of them even wrote back saying it was cool and they were just glad I played their games and had such fond memories of them. I guess for some people just getting the game out there is what they want, the bottom line thing is just a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
                    I've never stolen anything but I did go through a spell of taking cartons of rotten cress that were regularly left by a dustbin and posting them in postboxes. I'm sure it must be an offence to drop rotting cress onto the queen's image but at the time it struck me as hilarious that the postman would be baffled at where they were all coming from. I was easily amused

cress what is thaT CJ.
                    how long did this strange obsession go on for.
                    must admit it does sound very funny.
                    getting that stinky rotted type smell on hi hand and on other letters.
                    you are very strange CJ but i like that.

did u stop because you got found out.
                    and when did u start this great habit.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                      you are very strange CJ but i like that.
                      Ummm...Thank you Darren...I think
                      I was about 13 at the time and grew out of it within a few months.

This is cress

I've got some in the fridge right now as it goes - to make egg & cress sandwiches, not to put in postboxes

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
                        Ummm...Thank you Darren...I think
                        I was about 13 at the time and grew out of it within a few months.

This is cress

I've got some in the fridge right now as it goes - to make egg & cress sandwiches, not to put in postboxes
                        i bet the postmen where glad you grew out of it quick as well.
                        when u say cress u meant watercress.
                        must have been a job getting that in a postbox.

Comment

Claudine are you still odd now?

Comment

i broke the law when i stole a carrott from the local greengrocer.
                            cannot remember what age i was at the time.

Comment

No this is watercress Darren;

You'd have to be deranged to put watercress in a postbox. Cress comes with its own soil in nice, conveniently sized plastic cartons

sf1378.........a bit .

Comment

Ok, cards on the table Darren. What did you do with that carrot?

Comment

Working...
                                X