Saturday Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saturday Jobs

I worked in a baker's shop on saturdays when I was 15 and still at school. (School leaving age was legally 15 then) At the end of the day we shared out the unsold cakes, scrumptious!

Later when I was at college I worked in Woolworths on saturdays, when they had counters!
    The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

[QUOTE=Megawitch;142829]I worked in a baker's shop on saturdays when I was 15 and still at school. (School leaving age was legally 15 then) At the end of the day we shared out the unsold cakes, scrumptious!

now a days that would not be allowed
      in chippies i know the workers cant take any of what is dumped out.
      and there is tons of food thrown away.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

[QUOTE=darren;142840]
        Originally posted by Megawitch View Post
        I worked in a baker's shop on saturdays when I was 15 and still at school. (School leaving age was legally 15 then) At the end of the day we shared out the unsold cakes, scrumptious!

now a days that would not be allowed
        in chippies i know the workers cant take any of what is dumped out.
        and there is tons of food thrown away.

You're probably right but it was shared out by the shop manager, we didn't just take it. Short life, baked goods.
        The people of Oman don't like the Flintstones but the people of Abu Dhabi do!

Comment

at least it was shared out.

now a days that does not happen.
          well in chip shops is does not.
          they could at least say take what you want at the end of each day.
          you would be amazed at what is thrown out.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I worked at my local Safeways 1983-1985 saturdays and the odd evening during the week, in fact it was almost a right of passage for most kids my age at the time....oh and a lot of goods weren't "thrown out" they just sort of...ahem....WALKED OUT!! You know who you are if you are reading and you worked in lower management Burnside, Glasgow around that period!

It's a Tesco now...quel surprise....but Safeway in the 80's was as close to Facebook as you could get in my neighbourhood!

Comment

Working...
            X