Remembering your neighbours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remembering your neighbours

Wow what a story he sure had an impact on u mate.
    im sure he told u many great stories.

never had a neighbour like that myself

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
    Ernst was quite an interesting person. He was in his sixties and worked as a tool and die maker for Mattel so he was quite handy and he was an avid fisherman. One funny story he told me about Russia was when he and his mates were fishing on a river bank. A Russian patrol came along and they traded the fish for vodka from the Ivans as the Russians were known. Another time when Chernobyl was in the news he mentioned being there during the war.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I miss our old neighbours who were no bother to us. We knew their names and spoke to them over the fence and we popped round to them. Our neighbours and my parents had garden's and we would give our fruit and veg to the neighbours (and vice versa). I always remember the neat way the neighbour put his sticks to hold his runner beans and his very neat garden.

Sadly the same cannot be said for the new neighbours who moved in.....They are a young couple and have two toddlers who I have to say are the loudest, piercing voiced boys I have ever heard. If you can't see them you can certainly hear them (and the dad is just as bad along with his Yorkshire terrier) who especially on weekends barks non stop from 7.00 am in the morning for about 2 hours and sometimes lets him out after midnight just as I am nodding off. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr can't stand them.

The only saviour is the high fence we put up so we don't have to see them. I had to invest in a pair of earplugs in the summer. I actually have started to like winter. Wonder why???!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post
        I miss our old neighbours who were no bother to us. We knew their names and spoke to them over the fence and we popped round to them. Our neighbours and my parents had garden's and we would give our fruit and veg to the neighbours (and vice versa). I always remember the neat way the neighbour put his sticks to hold his runner beans and his very neat garden.

Sadly the same cannot be said for the new neighbours who moved in.....They are a young couple and have two toddlers who I have to say are the loudest, piercing voiced boys I have ever heard. If you can't see them you can certainly hear them (and the dad is just as bad along with his Yorkshire terrier) who especially on weekends barks non stop from 7.00 am in the morning for about 2 hours and sometimes lets him out after midnight just as I am nodding off. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr can't stand them.

The only saviour is the high fence we put up so we don't have to see them. I had to invest in a pair of earplugs in the summer. I actually have started to like winter. Wonder why???!!
        And strangely enough, it's the boys who scream and cry the most.

Comment

hey mate.my neighbours when living at home most where very nice.
          one particular lady used to come round with cakes and buns near every week for free.

all the mums would get together all know each other by first names.
          sometimes it one mums house then say the next day another mums house.
          they would talk about things like shoes there kids etc.

it was just friendly.
          ok from say 97 onwards the neighbours where not so friendly as in meeting up.
          but we got some bad uns as well ones who caused real trouble.

we had a missionary and his wife living next door around 20 yrs back.
          they went of to africa to spread the word.
          the fella was called colin.

Originally posted by Beach Life View Post

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Growing up we had the Browns next door, I remember they had about 20 kids but inreality it was 4. They moved out and Jack and Gladys moved in with the older son Ian, about 10yrs my senior who became one of my older brothers in the street who'd make us younger kids kites, indulge us in the odd game of football and rely on our sneakiness when playing fox and hounds. Loads of 'aunties and uncles' in the street, Mr Crawford across the street who seemingly worked in an ice cream factory as we would pay his gas money (he was at work when the gas man came so he'd leave the money with us) and he'd say thanks with a box of ice cream bricks or choc bars, There was Moira the lighthouse keeper as she was always keeping toot from her bedroom window and was the street gossip and Mr Green the weirdo who lived on his own....weird till my sisters chain snapped on her bike and he said "I can fix it" he did and became the street bike repair man with kids knocking on his door at all hours and he'd fix everything (on the driveway, seems even then he knew it was best to be in the open).

Comment

Working...
            X