Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: famous people we may have met

Kathy Staff

At a fundraising do for the Prince of Wales Hospice, sometime in the mid 1990s.

Charlie Williams
    Met briefly at Pontefract Castle Gala, as a boy. (Me, not him ) Didn't get his autograph but he did say "'Ey up lad" in a friendly fashion then went on his way.
    Please don't tell anybody
    that we're the real Duran Duran!
    We're just happy pretending
    to be our own greatest fans...

( Mitch Benn)

Comment

Ok here`s my list

Spoke to Lonnie Gordon on the phone last year
      Told Windsor Davis to f*** off outside my school (his daughter was in the same class as my sister and I was only 6)
      Met Michael Barrymore when I was drunk (way before all the scandal)

Sort of met,
      My sister used to clean Harry Secombe`s house
      I personally know Patrick Macnee`s brother

Comment

I met Tony Hart at an autograph signing when I was really little, and one of the Gladiators (I can't remember which one, possibly Zodiac) opened one of my school's festivals, so I got her autograph, and Mum chatted with her for a bit. I've also met Rick Wakeman a few times, as he's a friend of my godfather, and through him I've met his manager, Ant Glynne, Ashley Holt, and the members of Yes after one of their concerts (except Steve Howe, who had to leave early. I saw him in the car behind my Dad's after the show, though).

More recently, I met Danny John-Jules, Matthew Lewis, Sean Schemmel and Veronica Taylor at a convention a few years back. Also, I got to chat and hang out with the cast and crew of the short-lived Blue Man Group show in London, when they let me spend the day in the theatre to get notes for a college project I was doing about the group. They were so sweet, and the Blue Men were all very funny! ^-^
        Last edited by tantopat; 21-03-2008, 15:20.

Comment

ive talked to quite a few celebs, they appear in my local,some of them dont look how they do on tv, except people like chris evans (didnt know he was so tall) my town seems to be the place to be if your in the southwest, I think its because we dont bother them much ,just let them enjoy their holiday
          "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

I went to see Rolf Harris at the Sydney Opera House the other week as i'm a massive fan of the fella. I was happy enough to just have been able to sing along with the choruses to his songs but after the show my mate said we should hang around the stage door. After a while Rolf came along and sat inside while we were allowed in to chat with him and take some photos, this is the same grin I had on me face the whole way through his show:

He's a real legend, not many performers nowadays would take the time to do that especially at 78 years old!. He even gave my missus* a peck on the cheek!

(*she's even met James Brown)
            Last edited by Mulletino; 30-12-2008, 07:27. Reason: addition

Comment

Met Norman Wisdom at the Isle of man tt in 2007

DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Well... were to start??

Workwise..
                Jeremy Beadle (very nice man, God bless)
                Shane Richie (bellend), Colleen his missus and the kids... great...
                Christopher Lee (met at a party at pinewood studios, bit of an ****)
                Russell Brand (used to sulk alot at my house, many moons ago)
                Ray Harryhausen (The godfather of Claymation effects...Sinbad ahoy,, talks for hours...)
                Paul Gambaccini - Nice Bloke
                Paul Daniels - Very nice block
                Ian Lavine - "First Take that record Producer"
                Simon Harris - You know.. Bass... how low can you go.... Classic
                Brian Harvey and Danni Westbrook (when they were one)
                Graham Gold.
                Rolf Harris - This man should be knighted, he is excellent....
                Bruce Lee's butler
                others....

Non Work.
                Fatima Whitbread (but hasn't everyone?)
                Duncan Goodhew
                Christopher Biggins.. (told me to F**k off when I was 7 years old)
                Arthur Mullard.. Y'us my dear
                Chubby Brown
                Robbie
                Jason Orange

Apart from the odd one or two most people are the same as us, if not a little insecure and self critical.
                This is a box, a musical box, wound up and ready to play...

Comment

Originally posted by steve edwards View Post
                  i have been quite lucky but i have met the guy who used to be the air raid warden ( bill pertwee) ,in dads army, i have met the late Arthur English , i have met Tony hart AND been in the gallery , met morph and his side kick , sat in and spoken to KITT car , and seen the a team van .
                  I've met Linford Christie, John Regis, Roger Black, Sally Gunnell, Daley Thompson (swoon!) Kris Akabussi (I went to his party when he retired from athletics) had dinner with Sharron Davies and Derrick Redmond, met Steve Cram, Fatima Whitbread. Went to Buck House when Mum got an MBE and seriously harrassed Lennox Lewis and I chased Nigel Benn down the street in Soho as he was coming out of a record shop!! Also been on Trisha (in the audience) met her when I gobbed off at a girl on the stage. Hey - I sent a picture to Tony Harts gallery and he didn't show it. Also wrote to Jim'll Fixit to see if he'd fix it for me to go on the Generation Game. Jim didn't fix sh*t for me!! I saw the car from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I'd much rather have spoken to KITT though......LOL! Oooh, saw John Virgo in a chippy in Aldershot and Robson/Jerome (don't know which one - the dark haired one) running down the street in Aldershot when they were filming Soldier Soldier.

By the way Steve - how can you "meet" Morph? He was nowt but a squidged up lump of putty!! As was his sidekick "Chas" Didn't they die in a house fire or something? Aaaaaw.
                  Last edited by Teejay; 11-04-2009, 00:18.
                  "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Weazle View Post
                    Well... were to start??

Graham Gold.
                    Rolf Harris - This man should be knighted, he is excellent....

Fatima Whitbread (but hasn't everyone?)
                    Christopher Biggins.. (told me to F**k off when I was 7 years old)
                    Chubby Brown
                    I met Graham Gold's girlfriend many years ago in the toilets of the Coliseum nightclub in Vauxhall, she was really miserable and was running him down to me really badly telling me what an a**e he is. Also saw Rozalla in those toilets.

Yes Rolf Harris should be knighted - let's start a petition!! Do you know what it is yet?...

I met Fatima Whitbread too, as you say - who hasn't? She's met more people than the POPE! LOL!

Why did Biggins tell you to F off? That's hilarious!

And Chubby Brown? He's my hero!! Went to see him in Blackpool last year and I'm still laughing! His autobiography is fantastic too.
                    "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
                      Oooh, saw John Virgo in a chippy in Aldershot and Robson/Jerome (don't know which one - the dark haired one) running down the street in Aldershot when they were filming Soldier Soldier.
                      John Virgo grew up 2 streets away from my Mum in Salford and they knew each other when they were younger. His Mum still lived in the same house when I was a kid in the 70's. She was a very nice woman but was getting on a bit then so i'd be surprised if she's still around. My Mum worked in Cardshops on Salford precinct in the 70's and John Virgo came in. He recognised her straight away and let on.
                      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I had my picture taken with Roy Castle when I was about 9. He came to our Sunday School (can't remember why) and the pic was in the local paper. I walked past the guy who used to play Josh in Casualty and sat next to Peter Armitage (Bill Webster) in our local chippy and I used to go to school with a couple of the guys from Terrorvision (although they were a couple of years older than me)
                        Because in a split second, it's gone
                        Ayrton Senna WDC 1988,1990 & 1991 sigpic

Comment

Almost run over Bill Tarmey a couple of years ago in Sainsburys car park if that counts he was so busy reading something he walked right in front of me. i also remember back in the 70s when shopping with my mum in Hyde Fine Fare Tony Booth came up to us and asked if we had seen his wife he and Pat Phoenix were often in there. i often see Corrie stars past and present but cant say ive ever really met them

Comment

I saw Michael Portillo yesterday. He was at a mining museum in Ashington, filming something for the telly.
                            1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember telling Johnny Ball I used to watch him on they telly when I was a Kid in the Manchester Arndale Centre.
                              WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

I saw Derek Dougan, former Wolves FC legend opening a local fete in 1969.
                                I met Ronnie Barker at a book signing in 1977.
                                Billy Wright and Dave Hill from Slade passed me in the street.
                                I served Don Goodman (ex Wolves) with coffee.
                                I met Terry Pratchett at a book signing in 1993.
                                I have met Chris Chittell ('Eric Pollard' from 'Emmerdale'). Absolutely top geezer!
                                I have met former Olympian Chris Brasher.
                                I have met Andy Taylor from Duran Duran. His wife is my boss's daughter. A very intelligent, decent man is Andy.
                                I know Gary Williams (formerly of Aston Villa) and Adrian Littlejohn (formerly of West Brom) personally.
                                The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Working...
                                X