famous people we may have met

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: famous people we may have met

the first famous person i ever met was the late great brian connolly from the sweet way back in 1974 in edinburgh. 2 years later i met the very talented and highly missed bon scott from ac/dc in a bar after a show at caley cinema 76. through the years i was lucky enough to work as a doorman at a major scottish concert venue and met many people i.e elton john {funny guy} eric clapton {too serious} david coverdale {loves a beer or three} ritchie blackmore {like drawing teeth to get him to say hello but still an idol of mine} bon jovi {whole band in a bar in edinburgh before a support slot at edinburgh odeon just as slippery when wet was taking of very nice guys} bruce springsteen {very clever man and very polite} and i also met bon scott again in 1978 on the powerage tour when they stayed at the royal scot hotel got my denim jacket singed by band but lost it a few years later at another show {damn} .. there were a lot of others but these were just a few of the top of my head........rock on

Comment

Bruce Springsteen is fantastic, Dwain! And rock music is brilliant.
      The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

i met billie piper
        dick and dom
        paul young
        lulu
        my dads met lee evans freddie FLINTOFF.
        paul daniels

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

My aunt was taken to meet William Milbourne James when he was an old man. Oh yes, he was Bubbles in Millais' painting.

Comment

I've been told that I was nursed as a baby by Cleo Laine (who was a distant friend of my grandmother) and also by Fenella Fielding- both ladies were pregnant with their own babies at the time. When little I also apparently met Lesley Judd, though I remember it not.
            I've also met actor Simon Callow, nearly run over Sarah Crowe when she was crossing our high street about 10 years ago (she was appearing at the local theatre, and one of her high heels snapped as she was crossing the road), spent a pleasant evening with Hazel O'Connor (nice girl but a prima donna, and obsessed with her Irish roots), had a drink with former BBC reporter Martin Bell, and also met John Simpson (charm itself!), Don MacLean, the late Mike D'abo (VERY nice man), the even later Sir Michael Foot, comedian Russell Howard (an ego with a person attached to it), authors Sheridan le Fanu and Phil Rickman, Maddy Prior from Steeleye Span (a lovely lady) and once saw Jimmy Saville jogging past a 'phone box I was in, though we never actually met.
            There are other 'genre' celebs I've encountered, mostly from the world of folk music, regional media or various protest movements, though few people outside of these areas would have heard of them. Regarding famous persons from the anti-nuclear movement, suffice it to say that the less said about most of them, the better....

Comment

ha ha - my "famous" people are not really that famouse.
              Warrior and lightning (unfortunately not Jet!) off the 90s Gladiators TV Show and Bruno Brookes - at the same hotel in coventry.
              There were a few other even more obscure people there that I cannot recall.
              Spoke to them all, Gladiator was like a giant (6'5" about 20 stone)
              Thats it - never really met anyone "REALLY" famous at all.

Comment

My Dad and Grandad worked in TV and on films so I met loads of people during childhood. The nastiest (great place to start!) we're Jim Davison and Charles Hawtry, both absolutely disgusting to kids. The nicest were Anita Harris, Mickey Dolenz, and Jane Seymour, all three read me stories and happily took me around sets. My Dad got really friendly with Richard Thomas aka John Boy Walton and we used to go to LA for holidays and stay with him and his family. Back in the early 80s he was mega famous in the US, going to Disneyland with him was an incredible experience, mobbed all day with people saying lovely things to him. It was a great time, when American stars were over here filming they'd get lonely and bored so Dad would invite them over for tea or up for the weekend, I got serious kudos from my mates and we were always getting amazing 'thank you' packages sent from the US.
                I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Forgot to say it's actually quite scary looking back as a number of our visitors have been done for pedophilia! Fortunately my parents were knowledgeable about such things and wouldn't let us kids go off with anyone. Many victims of celebs seem to have been procured from parents impressed by celebs who think that a day out to the zoo or a drive in the country with a celeb would be a great thing for their youngster to experience :/
                  I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

i have met David Bellany who is a personal friend of mine also chris packham, bill oddie, janet sumner, mike dilger,jonny kingdom, simon king, kate humble, andy williams, katie hill from blue peter and richard bacon, howie watkins from really wild show, iolo williams . probably forgotten one or two more but guess this is enough!

Comment

Originally posted by Retrogames View Post
                      Forgot to say it's actually quite scary looking back as a number of our visitors have been done for pedophilia! Fortunately my parents were knowledgeable about such things and wouldn't let us kids go off with anyone. Many victims of celebs seem to have been procured from parents impressed by celebs who think that a day out to the zoo or a drive in the country with a celeb would be a great thing for their youngster to experience :/
                      Can you tell us who? If thats okay? And how did Davidson and Hawtrey behave so nastily to you? Did you ever meet mega famous actors like Clint Eastwood or Richard Burton or Roger Moore?

Comment

Oh, people I've seen (as I never really like to disturb them) have been:

Tom Baker (chatting on his phone as I walked by him),
                        Katie Puchtrick (got off my tube train),
                        Clive Anderson,
                        Anthony Stuart Head (same carriage, sat opposite me on the Tube he is big and tall!),
                        Alan Yentob (walking down the train aisle),
                        Siobhan Redmond (kept seeing her on my trains from work and in Liberty's of London),
                        Kate O Mara (post recent plastic surgery),
                        Natalie Imbruglia (with her minders),
                        Bill Oddie (munching a baguette bought from Regents St Pret A Manger),
                        Graham Garden (smoking a fag when he'd been making Body Matters around the same time advocating quitting lol),
                        Paul Young, (singing a song loudly - seemed like he wanted attention),
                        Martin Freeman, (he's shorter in real life),
                        Diana Coupland,
                        Sinead Cusack (walked past me on Regents St),
                        Denise Van Outen (same as above, she was dressed in really casual clothes, this was shortly after Jay Kay from Jammiroqual dumped her, she looked unhappy too),
                        Leslie Philips (on the other train going to Bristol Temple Meads as mine was going to London, he was chatting to himself - he was sat alone!),
                        Jeff Banks (stood by the buffet area on the train I was on),
                        Dale Winton (he made me laugh - he hailed a London Cab in the most dramatic fashion possible),
                        Rob Brydon (walking into a voice recording/pr studio type place, very short man too),
                        Diane Parish (Denise in Eastenders, shes really, really short too! She was with this very tall fella - in a clothes shop off Regents St I was in),
                        Amita Dhiri (was in This Life and The Bill, she was with her kids and a friend crossing the road in London as I was on my way back to work),

They stuck in my mind...I'd clock them and think, thats so and so etc but never want to chat to them, you never know the reaction you may get so I don't risk it.

I do recall seeing Sally Knyvette from Blakes 7/Emmerdale many years after her fame had passed in the Regent St French Connection (my Uni was nearby so I was always about that area) and she was being really pre-maddonnaish with a put upon sales girl and I really didn't like that - the salesgirl was very upset by her manner. Its one of the main reasons I don't really talk to famous or famousish folk.

Comment

Originally posted by Retrogames View Post
                          The nastiest (great place to start!) we're Jim Davison
                          No surprises there then, what a horrible excuse for a human being, horrible !
                          Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                          Tom Baker (chatting on his phone as I walked by him),
                          Katie Puchtrick (got off my tube train),
                          Clive Anderson,
                          Anthony Stuart Head (same carriage, sat opposite me on the Tube he is big and tall!),
                          Alan Yentob (walking down the train aisle),
                          Siobhan Redmond (kept seeing her on my trains from work and in Liberty's of London),
                          Kate O Mara (post recent plastic surgery),
                          Natalie Imbruglia (with her minders),
                          Bill Oddie (munching a baguette bought from Regents St Pret A Manger),
                          Graham Garden (smoking a fag when he'd been making Body Matters around the same time advocating quitting lol),
                          Paul Young, (singing a song loudly - seemed like he wanted attention),
                          Martin Freeman, (he's shorter in real life),
                          Diana Coupland,
                          Sinead Cusack (walked past me on Regents St),
                          Denise Van Outen (same as above, she was dressed in really casual clothes, this was shortly after Jay Kay from Jammiroqual dumped her, she looked unhappy too),
                          Leslie Philips (on the other train going to Bristol Temple Meads as mine was going to London, he was chatting to himself - he was sat alone!),
                          Jeff Banks (stood by the buffet area on the train I was on),
                          Dale Winton (he made me laugh - he hailed a London Cab in the most dramatic fashion possible),
                          Rob Brydon (walking into a voice recording/pr studio type place, very short man too),
                          Diane Parish (Denise in Eastenders, shes really, really short too! She was with this very tall fella - in a clothes shop off Regents St I was in),
                          Amita Dhiri (was in This Life and The Bill, she was with her kids and a friend crossing the road in London as I was on my way back to work),
                          Impressive list,
                          You've got two thirds of the Goodies, One Brooke-Taylor & you get the hat trick.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post

Impressive list,
                            You've got two thirds of the Goodies, One Brooke-Taylor & you get the hat trick.
                            Yes, I was thinking something like that when I was typing it all out... I'll post it here if I do ever catch sight of the man.

My Dads seen:

Roy Castle - smiled at my Dad as he was coming out of a chemists in Maidenhead my Dad was going into (proves he was a nice guy),
                            Kenneth Moore - Dad saluted him as he was driving his Rolls Royce and he did likewise!
                            Prince Phillip - he clocked my Dad as he was in my Town and smiled at him,
                            Dean Martin - he was in his Cadillac and its number plate was 'DRUNKY' - He also saluted my Dad and Dad did likewise....lol, this was in Los Angeles in the early 1980s,
                            My Dad literally met Patrick McNee of the Avengers - found the autograph in an old autograph book....,

My Mum met Jimmy Saville when she was in hospital at Stoke Manderville, he used to visit the patients and chat with them...

Comment

ive met freddie star and my all time best fishing person john wilson got a pic of me and him somewhere it was great talking to him than watching on the tv
                              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                                My Mum met Jimmy Saville when she was in hospital at Stoke Manderville, he used to visit the patients and chat with them...
                                That was a narrow escape if all he did was chat.

Comment

Working...
                                X