X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan`Chase Me`Norvelle

i
    Last edited by foxyminx; 31-12-2006, 21:59. Reason: error

he was massive around 82-84 time i seem to remember,a kind of early julian clary but not as sarcastic in tone,he seemed to dissapear from the mid 80's onwards.Might be worth watching the repeats of 3-2-1 on challenge as he seemed to pop up on there a lot i recall,i always have a mental image of him in a safari suit,i was in my early teens at the time,11-13 at his peak, so my memory may be failing on that one.One thing that does stick im my mind is that my parents found him funny,even my dad ,which,given the fact that he despised boy george and others of a feminine nature,was quite unusual!

Comment

i
      Last edited by foxyminx; 31-12-2006, 21:54.

Comment

i

Comment

Originally posted by foxyminx
          3-2-1 is on challenge...is that a sky tv channel?
          yep its a sky channel,from memory i think its right after itv4,something like channel 121?but dont hold me to that,i may be wrong.

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

i

Comment

Hi there.
                My kids have done numerous pant'o's with stars of the eighties and a couple of years ago they worked with him in a panto for about six weeks in total so got to see a lot of him. All I will say is in their opinion he is better to work with than Keith Harris but nowhere near as good as Timmy Mallet!!! I totally agree. Timmy Mallet was ace. He always had time for the kids on and off stage and there is nothing false about him.

Comment

Hi i saw Duncan circa 1985 at a private function for British Telecom. I was around 21 at the time if i remember right.

there was a small stage in the middle of the bar and Duncan came on wearing a lemon safari suit. I wasnt a fan but after that night i was for sure. I remember him doing Rambo impressions and no one dared to go to the toilet for fear of being picked on.

he finished the night with his own rendition of Love on the Rocks. I have never forgoton that night.

Comment

just as a update on this,a couple of weeks back i was perusing the local paper,and there he was,Duncan and wife in wedding photo,he lives local to me by all accounts and recently got married,its a small world as they say!

Comment

he was well cool.

Does any remember the dude with the convict arrows suit on who went "SPOOK" and had the funny walk???

What was his name??? he had this brilliant music as well

Comment

Duncan was from the long lost and now defunct era of ENTERTAINMENT rather than the **** TV we get nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by leg1ndyoll
                          Duncan was from the long lost and now defunct era of ENTERTAINMENT rather than the **** TV we get nowadays.
                          here here! tv is so **** I hardly watch it.I`d love to get tv back to how it used to be....all the variety shows,the laughs we had......ah those were the days!

Comment

Duncan Norvelle is appearing in Pontefract this month 26 January 2007 at the Parkside Hotel opposite Pontefract Race Course tel: 01977 709911.

Comment

can't believe he's still going...

Comment

Working...
                              X