RIP Captain Sir Tom Moore (1920-2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Captain Sir Tom Moore (1920-2021)

I know that this is not quite DYR territory, so please do accept my apologies if this is too off-topic to be included on here, but I think that this gentleman deserves this tribute. I would like to pay tribute on here - I am not going to do an obituary, but I will just try and get to the point here.

I am so upset to hear that Captain Sir Tom Moore has died from coronavirus at the age of 100 - a cruel and disgusting irony considering what he did last year raising money for NHS charities by doing 100 laps in his garden. My own father would have been the same age as him if he had - they were both born in the same year, and when I paid tribute to him on what would have been his 100th birthday, I referred to him as the "Captain Sir Tom Moore of our family".

I even sent him a 100th birthday card and a donation to the charity he was raising money for - I am not certain whether it was officially received, but one actually felt that sending it was a symbol of courtesy for such a fine gentleman. I didn't realise until last year that was part of 1980s television after all - Captain Sir Tom appeared on Blankety Blank on Christmas Day 1983 which was also Sir Terry Wogan's final edition - I hope that Challenge will repeat it again at some point. And I hope that BBC Radio 4's Last Word will include his obituary this week as well.

It was a sad day - I was hoping and even praying that he was going to live to see the end of the pandemic. It's a pity that there wasn't a special Downing Street Press Briefing which would helped pay tribute as a mark of respect - I am almost disgusted that there wasn't one today in fact as it would be a perfect chance for the politicians and NHS people to add their tributes. Captain Sir Tom was almost like a Royal family member in some respects, and one had to respect what he had done during his life, especially towards the end.

A very sad day indeed. RIP Captain Sir Tom Moore.

I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Well said George no need to apologise.
    Sir Tom was a great man very sad to hear the news of his passing
    RIP Sir condolences to his family

Comment

Sad indeed, RIP

Comment

Rip Sir .

Captain Tom Moore Your A Legend.
        The D-Day Darlings

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

yes it was sad to hear the news today.

i didnt know he had even got covid.

IVE A FEELING HE WILL BE HONOURED IN SOME WAY FOR HIS WORK.
          MAYBE A HOLIDAY.

he was a real ray of light in a time of darkness.

not only was he known in the uk but globally.

r i p tom.
          what a nice thing to do sending him a bday card.

Originally posted by george 1978 View Post
          i know that this is not quite dyr territory, so please do accept my apologies if this is too off-topic to be included on here, but i think that this gentleman deserves this tribute. I would like to pay tribute on here - i am not going to do an obituary, but i will just try and get to the point here.

I am so upset to hear that captain sir tom moore has died from coronavirus at the age of 100 - a cruel and disgusting irony considering what he did last year raising money for nhs charities by doing 100 laps in his garden. My own father would have been the same age as him if he had - they were both born in the same year, and when i paid tribute to him on what would have been his 100th birthday, i referred to him as the "captain sir tom moore of our family".

I even sent him a 100th birthday card and a donation to the charity he was raising money for - i am not certain whether it was officially received, but one actually felt that sending it was a symbol of courtesy for such a fine gentleman. I didn't realise until last year that was part of 1980s television after all - captain sir tom appeared on blankety blank on christmas day 1983 which was also sir terry wogan's final edition - i hope that challenge will repeat it again at some point. And i hope that bbc radio 4's last word will include his obituary this week as well.

It was a sad day - i was hoping and even praying that he was going to live to see the end of the pandemic. It's a pity that there wasn't a special downing street press briefing which would helped pay tribute as a mark of respect - i am almost disgusted that there wasn't one today in fact as it would be a perfect chance for the politicians and nhs people to add their tributes. Captain sir tom was almost like a royal family member in some respects, and one had to respect what he had done during his life, especially towards the end.

A very sad day indeed. Rip captain sir tom moore.

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Nice that he's getting a proper send-off this Saturday. God bless him.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Indeed Sir

Comment

Working...
              X