RIP Jimmy Greaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Jimmy Greaves

Tottenham Hotspur legend and my boyhood hero died last night aged 81. I'll be joining him soon. I have lung cancer.

Sorry to hear about Jimmy Greaves and your own illness, Pussywilow. My late mother had the disease and died from lung cancer as well, although she had smoked for decades.

Did he really say "it's a funny old game" or was that the impressionists that concocted that?

Anyway, in addition to football, Greavesie was also TV-am's television critic and also hosted programmes for Central TV. He wore his Sporting Triangles sweater on Saint and Greavesie once which was funny.

Ironically enough, I happened to start the Ian St John thread on here last year when he passed away but it was deleted for some strange reason - thought that I would mention that here for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by George 1978; 19-09-2021, 20:23.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
      Tottenham Hotspur legend and my boyhood hero died last night aged 81. I'll be joining him soon. I have lung cancer.
      Not a death sentence these days Pussywillow....i beat cancer four years ago
      Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Have a look at the Christmas 1990 edition of Saint and Greavesie where Jimmy was unwell and so they had to bring in his Spitting Image puppet in instead - should be on YT.
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post

Not a death sentence these days Pussywillow....i beat cancer four years ago
          It's still a terrifying thing though - not having it in the first place is better than getting it and beating it.
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post

It's still a terrifying thing though - not having it in the first place is better than getting it and beating it.
            I woulden't argue with that George, i was trying to lift Pussywillows spirits
            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
            X