RIP Terry Venables - ex England Football Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Terry Venables - ex England Football Manager

Terry sadly passed away at the weekend, aged 80 after a short illness. I think it is fair to say Terry was in the top 3 best ever England Managers as well as a sensational Manager regardless - in my opinion only Sir Alf Ramsey winning us the World Cup and Terry failing agonisingly short in the amazing Euro 96 stopped Terry from being on a par with Sir Alf. Never mind being England Boss - Terry tasted sucsess abroad in Barcelona and that is no mean for a foreign boss abroad (especially contrasting English Clubs styles with how the Spaniard Teams play and of course the top 3 in Spain have always been mega rich regardless. Also Terry did a great job at QPR .... he must have done to get the Barca job, as he did a great job at Crystal Palace.

Then I recall him helping Bryan Robson "save" Middlesbrough too when all seemed lost, and too he did a stirling job at Tottenham as well as helping Portsmouth out once or twice and to top that Terry even managed Australia ..... not a Footballing Nation at all in the game of Soccer sense

I think it would be fair to say Terry's only poor spell came at Leeds just into the early 200s, but given peter Risdale had no idea how to run a club and nearly crashed them into obscurity, you can hardly blame terry for them struggling when guys like Mark Voduka had to be sold and Guys like Robbie Fowler could'nt play at their best. In other time with rescouces given to better the Team , Terry would have really really put Leeds on the map and put them up there with man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle in that era given how well talked of the Leeds Teams of 199-2003 was becoming

Rip Terry Venables
Working...
X