X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ericthecavalier
    replied
    Originally posted by Fatboy View Post
    My Senior (Secondary School). Salterbeck Secondary school, which later changed to Southfield Secondary School when we had several school mergers in 1984. The below photo was took shortly before its demolition a couple of years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50079842T003.jpg.gallery.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	280241
    Rodney Bennet and Brookdale??

Leave a comment:

• ericthecavalier
    replied
    Originally posted by culnara View Post
    Re: pictures of your schools.

Fraserburgh Academy

Looks like a prison

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    Originally posted by 80sChav

That is true George mate yeah ... and also to stop Vandalism etc (as my first Secondary did)

Though it was after 1988 and 88 when I started we had Vandalism every week on Grange Hill's Scale of Window's being smashed as was so in Series 4 (and that was not even London) and 8 years later, so shows you how rough it was!!

80sChav
    And I bet that as it was a drama, the glass was actually plastic for Health and Safety reasons. The glass in Mitchell's classroom in the "Golightly - let's consult the masterplan" episode of series 2 where Tucker tries to build a tower out of chairs in the room and breaks a window. If you look closely, the window pane looks as if it is made of plastic.

Leave a comment:

• DorothyNorth
    replied
    It should be understood that working on the photos after the shoot takes a lot more time than the shoot itself. This is a time-consuming and complicated process that is left out of the customer's sight. I realized that a professional photographer's work doesn't just push a button and take pictures. Any photoshoot requires post-processing, primarily color correction. The quality of processing affects the result that the client receives in the end. A great expensive camera is not a guarantee of high-quality photos. One technique is not enough. Improper processing can nullify all benefits of professional equipment. A few filters are applied in the "artist's eye" style, and the photo is irretrievably ruined.
    Last edited by DorothyNorth; 12-08-2021, 03:55.

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied
    I could have sworn that I have seen some pictures of schools which have barbed wire around the fences outside to presumably stop truants and the like from escaping.

Leave a comment:

• CharlieBrown
    replied
    My school from age 11-16.

Riverston
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Fatboy
    replied
    My Senior (Secondary School). Salterbeck Secondary school, which later changed to Southfield Secondary School when we had several school mergers in 1984. The below photo was took shortly before its demolition a couple of years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50079842T003.jpg.gallery.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	280241

Leave a comment:

• Fatboy
    replied
    Victoria Junior School. The school in the photo had to be demolished around 2000, as there was a pocket of methane gas under it (which despite the measured) couldn't be vented away. Out of the schools I went to, this was my favourite. Excellent teachers who were firm but fair.

Click image for larger version  Name:	294008167_2bfe4e8ae8_o.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.7 KB ID:	280239
    Last edited by Fatboy; 15-12-2020, 22:50.

Leave a comment:

• culnara
    replied

Fraserburgh Academy

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

With regards to the schools that I went to, just imagine a "run of the mill" building with an entrance at the front, and a sign with council or LEA logo and school name outside.

in response to Amethyst's question about whether we think about former classmates, the answer is yes - I mentioned the fact that I was in touch with a former one in time for my 40th birthday, but decided that too much water had passed under the bridge over the years in order to get together - I decided to leave the past in the past where it belongs. And there was someone in my class who was killed just a few years ago, and since then I have thought of local journalists as being too speculative to be honest - this is why I never read local newspapers or watch or listen to local news.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

I have been thinking about my old school a lot from the age of 8 _11,I cannot remember much about the infants.I have tried to research my old school photos but nothing showed up,had a look at a few different sites but nothing and I thought the best option would be to contact the central library but seeing they are shut no joy there.There were 32 pupils in my class 16 boys 16 girls I was thinking about where each of us used to sit and who next to,curious indeed how many are still around how many have past I know one girl died 18 months ago.Does anyone else think about your class mates

Leave a comment:

• Marine Boy
    replied

Originally posted by nuttytigger View Post
    ...Hamilton Grammar School if you fancied a look.
    I just Googled it. What a striking and imposing building.

I found one of my old school yearbooks. This picture was taken in either 1975 or 76.

Leave a comment:

• nuttytigger
    replied
    The primary I put the picture on was built in 1927. My secondary was Hamilton Grammar School if you fancied a look.

Leave a comment:

• Marine Boy
    replied

Wow!
    The school where I work at the moment is celebrating its centenary this year but my own primary was built in about 1966 and my secondary a few years later.

Leave a comment:

• nuttytigger
    replied
    Also my secondary has been there since 1913, but was founded in the 1400s

Leave a comment:

Working...
X