The third year becoming Year Nine and all that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arran View Post
    Were any official leaflets detailing the new year group system ever printed and given to parents back in 1990? Either a national leaflet or LEA specific leaflets.

Similar to leaflets detailing the 01 to 071 and 081 dialling code change for London which also took place that year.
    No, I don't think they did publish any publicity leaflets or anything like that - as far as I remember, it was just a case of going back to school after the six weeks' holidays in September 1991, and all of a sudden, most people were going on about "Year 9" for some reason after leaving as second years in July, and even I was confused at first.
    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
    I'm having so much fun
    My lucky number's one
    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Official publicity material about the new year group system seems to be very elusive. It makes me wonder exactly how the Department of Education and Science conveyed information about the new year group system down to individual schools and ultimately parents.

I can't honestly recall any such publicity material when I was at primary school. The new year group system was already established at the time and I knew of no other system. Were there any articles about it in the TES?

Comment

Working...
      X