Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help finding a 90s Education video series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding a 90s Education video series?

I’m looking for a old live-action video that was probably shown during emotional intelligence classes in grade school. I saw it around 1994, when I was in about 3rd Grade or so. Might have been before or after that, and it was probably made in the 90s, but possibly in the 80s. Probably wasn’t any later than the late 80s.It had enough production value in it that it wasn't just something my school had made. Some educational outfit or PBS or something made it. It was somewhere between a PBS show and Shelley DuVall's Fairy Tale Theater for production values.

It was a live action movie miniseries. It was about this girl who traveled to another world. Kind of like Alice in Wonderland. Unfortunately, I don't remember anything about the actual magical land. It might have just been a different version of Wonderland or a generic fairy tale land as far as I remember. She might have been visiting different fairy tales.

She had this magic amulet or medallion or talisman or locket which was…kind of a glorified mood ring? I think this amulet basically just showed what emotion she was feeling, but it also might have amplified it? It might have been a literal Emotional or Moral Compass. I seem to remember this necklace thing was round.

The story was all about learning about emotions. Like anger, happiness, etc. I think there was some sort of villain trying to stop her getting home, but I might be remembering wrong. Also...maybe it had dwarves or some other fantasy creature in it. It's possible it was Rumplestilskin. I might just be making that part up, it's been so long.

And…I remember horses? Like a herd of horses just running across a field. I think they were magic horses that were…advising her somehow? Or maybe she was supposed to save this herd of magic horses?They were most likely a metaphor for something. Maybe Wild Horses, since that seem to be a common metaphor when talking about emotions, apparently. Wild stallions? Ponies?

It might have been on laserdisc. Or some other ancient educational 90s disc format. I remember the school had a laserdisc player back then. Or maybe it was simply on VHS, I can't remember one way or another very clearly. And the video was either one long movie broken into different parts, to be shown on different days or maybe it was a series of episodes? I can't remember how long each "episode" was, but I remember there were parts that were "to be continued".

I know this is pretty vague, and old education videos are probably even harder to track down than other forms of media, but thanks for any help. This has been haunting me for some reason.And, yes, I'm aware this sounds like the 80s My Little Pony, but I distinctly remember it being live action.

Is this a British education video or a foreign one?

Comment

I think it was from the USA. It might have been British or Canadian-made, though. It's been too long, I don't remember clearly.

It was definitely in English, language-wise, though. I don't remember it being dubbed over or anything.
      Last edited by ZakuConvoy; 06-10-2022, 01:39.

Comment

Foreign education videos were rarely shown in British schools, so it's unlikely anybody here would recognise it.

I'm still trying to identify a scary animated film with a coach and skeleton horses...

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/f...keleton-horses

Comment

Working...
        X