X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George 1978
    replied
    Re: recording TV on audio cassette / tape reel

I think it's great recording YT clips of old TV shows onto tape - just like 30 years ago!

Leave a comment:

• Spiny Norman
    replied

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    Do you mean recording from the TV set onto tape with the tape recorder next to the TV set? In the pre-VCR days (as in before my family got a VCR), the answer was, yes we did. My parents never wanted a VCR (the same as getting a telephone), so my sister got one from a mail order catalogue

Even as recently as a few years ago, I used to do the same thing with a tape recorder next to the computer and recorded the sound from clips from YouTube onto tape.
    I must admit I am a bit shocked by the computer/youtube example!

But yes that was EXACTLY what I meant.

Leave a comment:

• Calculator_Watch_Dude
    replied

OMG yes I did too! When I was a kid and we didn't have a VCR until I became a late teenager, so when we would have special cartoon programs on I would park my tape recorder in front of the tube (worked surprisingly well as the speakers of the massive floor model were close to the ground) and make a recording of the audio. I actually still have a few with my brother laughing in the background, it's kind of like a nostalgic laugh track.

Also I would sit next to the recorder while watching and actually pause the recording to skip commercials so I was then all proud to re-listen to the program "advert free" afterwards. Kind of like TiVo commercial skip for the 80's I guess LOL

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Do you mean recording from the TV set onto tape with the tape recorder next to the TV set? In the pre-VCR days (as in before my family got a VCR), the answer was, yes we did. My parents never wanted a VCR (the same as getting a telephone), so my sister got one from a mail order catalogue

Even as recently as a few years ago, I used to do the same thing with a tape recorder next to the computer and recorded the sound from clips from YouTube onto tape.

Leave a comment:

• Spiny Norman
    started a topic recording TV on audio cassette / tape reel

recording TV on audio cassette / tape reel

My parents never had a video because they were not very TV oriented. Unlike me. So in my desperation, I just recorded stuff on audio cassette. Anyone do the same?
Working...
X