Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Children Given Old Technology

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Llamarama
    replied
    Re: Children Given Old Technology

    Kids these days have all the mod cons now, i remember when getting a VHS cassette from somwhere like Global Video or Blockbusters where there would be a little sticker in the case that said "Please rewind the video before returning!"

    Leave a comment:


  • trouser_mouse
    replied
    Re: Children Given Old Technology

    I read a great log from a kid who had been given a walkman - they had never even seen a cassette! Having to rewind something was shocking to them.

    Remember getting in to CDs, now I don't even own a CD player any more. Thanks for making me feel old thread!

    Leave a comment:


  • shilton dipper
    replied
    Re: Children Given Old Technology

    I talk to my 18 and 21 year old about vinyl albums and tapes and they look at me totally bewildered...........they don't even have a cd between them........all on their ipods

    I must be a dinosaur lol

    Leave a comment:


  • victorbrunswick
    replied
    Re: Children Given Old Technology

    Originally posted by Techno View Post
    I just saw this and thought you might like it. Some French children were given old technology to look at. I have no idea what the pumpy thing on the top of the 8-track player is myself.

    The "pumpy thing" is the selector switch for the Panasonic Dynamite 8 from 1975. I remember the commercials for it featuring Jimmie "JJ" Walker.



    Leave a comment:


  • Trickyvee
    replied
    Re: Children Given Old Technology

    "It's an old CD!" for a record. I like it.

    Leave a comment:


  • vanhelsing
    replied
    Re: Children Given Old Technology

    Wonder what a fourteen year old kid'd do if they weere to be put in front of an 8 bit computer with tape player to load up the games (and the waiti), the joystick and the graphics?
    Probably not know what to do.

    Leave a comment:


  • jason h
    replied
    Re: Children Given Old Technology

    Tres Bon, et merci Techno.

    Leave a comment:


  • branny
    replied
    Re: Children Given Old Technology

    I have a Pioneer hi-fi separates stack dating back to the mid 90s. After watching the way they handled those records, my daughter is not allowed anywhere near it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Techno
    started a topic Children Given Old Technology

    Children Given Old Technology

    I just saw this and thought you might like it. Some French children were given old technology to look at. I have no idea what the pumpy thing on the top of the 8-track player is myself.

Working...
X