Summerland fire - remember the victims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summerland fire - remember the victims

Hi, I'm new to this forum! I hope this thread will reach anyone who remembers or was in Summerland, Douglas, Isle of Man on 2 August 1973. You may be interested to know the Isle of Man Government who now own the site (which is derelict) have it for sale and a buyer is in negotiations. No decision can be made until Tynwald (our government here on the Isle of Man) reconvenes in October. I have an online petition which I hope all those who feel strongly, as I do, that the site should not be sold but commemorated to the 50 who died, 80 plus seriously injured and all the survivors, many of whom have suffered from PTSD for 40 years. It is on the Go Petitions website and called Summerland for Commemorative Gardens. The link is here http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...e-gardens.html. For 40 years the Isle of Man Government has kept silent. I believe it is now time they recognised a great wrong was done to all those involved. Many mistakes were made by many people in Summerland's design, construction and operation. When they entered the building 3,000 people trusted they would be safe. They were not. Lives were ripped apart because of it. Please sign the petition. I also have a facebook page called Summerland Fire which I hope you will check out and leave any memories or thoughts have on there. I'm just a Mum, a Nan and a Manxwoman who is ashamed of the way the victims have been treated. Thank you.
Working...
X