Hello everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone.

Fascinating site. I've registered here hoping to find out if anyone remembers an Opportunity Knocks (first series) act called 'The Jack de Dion Dancers' ? They didn't win but apparently got a great audience reaction on the 'clapometer'. I think they came from the Blackpool area and there is a link to my late father somewhere. Any sort of information would be so appreciated, and if anyone actually has, or knows where, a recording might be available then that would be fantastic. Google returns absolutely nothing, but I can't believe there isn't someone somewhere who remembers something about this act. So sad to think an event that must have caused so much excitement in these people's lives has now been forgotten forever. But I suppose that is exactly what this site is trying to put right ! Here's hoping anyway ...................

Re: Hello everyone.

Welome sirobert sorry cannot help you about Opportunity Knocks

Comment

Welcome on board mate.

Funny u remember opportunity knocks as i was watching a bob monkhouse show and it was mentioned.

Originally posted by sirobert View Post
      fascinating site. I've registered here hoping to find out if anyone remembers an opportunity knocks (first series) act called 'the jack de dion dancers' ? They didn't win but apparently got a great audience reaction on the 'clapometer'. I think they came from the blackpool area and there is a link to my late father somewhere. Any sort of information would be so appreciated, and if anyone actually has, or knows where, a recording might be available then that would be fantastic. Google returns absolutely nothing, but i can't believe there isn't someone somewhere who remembers something about this act. So sad to think an event that must have caused so much excitement in these people's lives has now been forgotten forever. But i suppose that is exactly what this site is trying to put right ! Here's hoping anyway ...................
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Many thanks to amethyst and darren for your interest and replies. I know it's a long shot but at least I'm doing something rather than nothing and that alone would please my dad !

Comment

Working...
        X