Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all!

Hey all - just wanted to say hi!
    Just found this group when searching online for parts for an old game - it looks awesome. Wishing I'd found this earlier.

I've just rolled over 40 last year, so grew up in the early 80s, and love a bit of nostalgia.
    I'm not a collector but still have a fair amount of my original 70s 80s toys, games, computers etc which I'm rediscovering again as they get passed onto my 7yr old son. He loves my old star wars stuff and uses it still alongside his newer stuff.
    I still play a lot of older computer games through emulators on Android. I find it amazing that technology now allows me to have about 10,000 vintage games from every original system sat on my phone or tablet which fits in my pocket and goes with me.

Found an amazing place recently. I'm in the NW of England, and found an original 80s arcade (reproduced) in Bury. It's called 'Arcade Club', you pay £10 to get in, but then everything is on freeplay. They have about 120 original 80s video games and Pinball machines. Jack (my 7yr old) and myself had a full avo in there the other week. It was awesome showing him the games I used to play when I was his age.

I'm looking forwards to taking some pics of the stuff I still have, and sharing these here - see if it jogs any memories.

See you around.
    Nik

Re: Hey all!

Welcome !!!

Comment

You didn't see any Galaxian games by any chance

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
        You didn't see any Galaxian games by any chance
        Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah they had a cafe where most of the tables are cocktail style arcade tables for you to eat at... Guess which one we had, Galaxian.
        They also had a cabinet Galaxian, Galaga (cab & cocktail), and Galaga '88 cab in the main arcade.
        There's a full list of their games here...
        http://www.arcadeclub.co.uk/games

You a big Galaxian fan?

Comment

Hey all!

I used to spend my lunchtimes in the local pub about 30 years ago . I seen to recall spending more money on Galaxian than I did on food

We had our lunch on on of the tabletop Galaxians

Comment

Working...
          X