I'm getting old!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting old!

I honestly never felt older that 23 until I joined this site. Now I feel I should start on my bucket list!

Re: I'm getting old!

so how old do you feel now you joined the site.
    I was always a kid before i joined here but because of the site i feel like im a five year old.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

At some point in my childhood / early to mid-teens, I hit the brakes, and since then, although I've continued to grow up and I'm much older and wiser than I was back then, I've never really left my past behind. Maybe adulthood didn't fulfill the expectations I had for it, and as a result, there's a big part of me that's forever 1983.

I would much rather stick a DVD of 'Bergerac', 'Minder', 'The Sweeney' or 'Open All Hours' on than watch 'Spooks', 'The X Factor' or 'The One Show'. I probably wouldn't recognise any current chart acts now - I've given up trying to keep up, and instead I'll listen to a compilation of classic '80s, or an album from that time. Of course, I'm not a ludite, I like modern technology but I don't really find much to interest me on TwitFace.

Who really wants to grow up?
      "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post
        At some point in my childhood / early to mid-teens, I hit the brakes, and since then, although I've continued to grow up and I'm much older and wiser than I was back then, I've never really left my past behind. Maybe adulthood didn't fulfill the expectations I had for it, and as a result, there's a big part of me that's forever 1983.

I would much rather stick a DVD of 'Bergerac', 'Minder', 'The Sweeney' or 'Open All Hours' on than watch 'Spooks', 'The X Factor' or 'The One Show'. I probably wouldn't recognise any current chart acts now - I've given up trying to keep up, and instead I'll listen to a compilation of classic '80s, or an album from that time. Of course, I'm not a ludite, I like modern technology but I don't really find much to interest me on TwitFace.

indeed who wants to grow up and why should we.

for me ill always be a teenager.
        some of my best times in those yrs.

but yes i prefer to watch shows like he man tj hooker battlestar galactica buck rogers, open all hrs ,some mothers do ave em and countless others than what is on telly now A.M.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Maxi View Post

I'd probably substitute 1983 for 1973 and choose a 70s album, but otherwise I agree so much with your thoughts Austin.

Comment

A lot of modern stuff really makes me think of the 80s, we were watching The IT Crowd and it hit me how it could have easily been as 80s comedy, if you replaced the PCs with BBC Bs. In fact it probably would work even better as a retro show. Likewise every time I see Lady gaga I think of Adam Ant
            I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

Working...
            X