Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of living today...

In a word....EXPENSIVE.

I took £10.00 and bought some fags at £5.75p (Chesterfield Blue as Mayfair smooths have gone up and up in price), some Aquafresh toothpaste and 4 pints of semi-skimmed milk...came home with the grand sum of £1.26p in change.

Utility bills soaring, producing record profits year upon year for the fat cats who run these greedy companies, food shopping costing more and more etc etc...

Remember when a tenner could buy more and leave more change?

Re: Cost of living today...

I notice it in fares mostly. I can never believe it when I get on a bus and they ask for more than they did the week before. I am a teaching assistant and on a very low wage. (You can look it up on the government educations site, it's no secret.)

I completely get that things are more expensive these days but sometimes I still think.... 'what the **!!'

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
      I notice it in fares mostly. I can never believe it when I get on a bus and they ask for more than they did the week before. I am a teaching assistant and on a very low wage. (You can look it up on the government educations site, it's no secret.)

I completely get that things are more expensive these days but sometimes I still think.... 'what the **!!'

maybe once in a while u could walk instead of getting the bus.
      perhaps in the summer or any day it does rain y could walk.
      depends how far u must walk though.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I have noticed the huge increase in the price of train fares.
        fro where i live to belfast which is around 20 miles is tenner to go there.
        thats a 25 per cent increase inside a year.

Comment

darren! nice thought.... and I'm very eco, enviromental aware. But did you think you could guess how far I was away from work? I'm 10 miles away.

Comment

darren! nice thought.... and I'm very eco, enviromental aware. But did you think you could guess how far I was away from work? I'm 10 miles away.
            was trying to guess mate.

but i had a feeling if u where getting the bus it must be quite far from home.

the school should help u out pay the rest say once u have spent a tenner on fares mate.

bet u have loads of books to lug around.

Comment

I do lug around a bit, but unfortunately the school doesn't run to paying for, or helping with fares. I am already looking for work closer to where I live.

Comment

I just think its very hard to live in the UK in general now. The Govt doesn't help at all. The Banks and merchant bankers should pay back their bonuses....will they heck.

Comment

I do lug around a bit, but unfortunately the school doesn't run to paying for, or helping with fares. I am already looking for work closer to where I live.
                  You need a bike!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                    I just think its very hard to live in the UK in general now. The Govt doesn't help at all. The Banks and merchant bankers should pay back their bonuses....will they heck.
                    yes if we owe them a quid they will haunt us for it.
                    but if they owe us we have no chance of getting it.
                    they need no bonuses its a disgrace what they get.
                    should go to more care homes building new houses or renovating old ones.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                      yes if we owe them a quid they will haunt us for it.
                      but if they owe us we have no chance of getting it.
                      they need no bonuses its a disgrace what they get.
                      should go to more care homes building new houses or renovating old ones.
                      The distribution of wealth is an old subject but an important one. I agree with you.

Comment

The distribution of wealth is an old subject but an important one. I agree with you.
                        yeah loads of people getting what they do not need and others not getting what they should.

id even a fraction of say what top footballers get was given to others it would make such a massive difference to those who struggle.

no footie player should get more than ten K per week.

Comment

Working...
                        X