What's that... It plays music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's that... It plays music

Yes, it had to happen. On one wall of my retro games room is my Walkman/Discman/robot collection. One of the local lads (10 years old) helped the Mrs in with the shopping today so I showed him my collection. He pointed at my Sony Sports Walkman collection and said "what are those?"

He didn't know what a Walkman was. Or a cassette.

I feel old.
    I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Re: What's that... It plays music

I know people who dont actually own any cds.......all their music is downloaded from itunes............ so mention vinyl albums and singles and tapes and they really dont have the foggiest what I'm on about

Comment

It's interesting to me- I knew what 8-tracks were as a kid although I couldn't remember my Dad having them in the car, and I knew what a reel to reel tape was even though I've still never heard one. I wonder why 'our' technologies seem to have dropped away so drastically. The lad didn't seem entirely sure what my collection of big box rental VHS tapes were, either (he recognised and named the ps1 and original Xbox games though).
      I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

It gets worst than that. I've started using an old style ipod with the click wheel as my music source when I go driving. When I got it out my 6 year old lad didn't know what to make of it.

"It has no touchscreen? How does it work then?"

Silly boy.

Comment

My sisters kids were totally amazed when they were told that vinyl was 2 sided!

Comment

Working...
          X