Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

uncertain memories,but not of a place person or object.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uncertain memories,but not of a place person or object.

Does any one else here get partial memories.These for me are not related to places,people,or don't really seem to be related to anything in particular.Half the time you can't even put your finger on what it's all about.

I give an example.Coming home from work yesterday evening,I was not a happy teddy and I had been dropped off on the wrong side of town and had a very long walk in front of me.When I got part way I suddenly got what could be said to be a memory of a feeling.And that is all it was.A memory of a feeling triggered by the evening air and the sound of the birds and smell in the air.I was very happy again.But dispite this very strong feeling possibly of a spring or summer evening I assume donkey years ago it could not be connected with any event or anything else in my life.It's like its a memory of certain external conditions which may of been the same or close to it years ago,but may of been relevant at the time perhaps when I was playing out late as a kid.

A few months ago I had the same but for some reason I felt it related to when I was a toddler,but could not fully pin it down.It was simply that feeling,perhaps it was the air,the cold chill around me that caused that partial memory to be triggered.But again it was just a memory of a certain feeling that was triggered by the evening temperature and sounds.

It's like a memory of a feeling of certain time of day,evening,early morning,a certain warmth etc or season which was in my past but nothing else.

Most odd and hard to explain fully,but I know I am not alone.Any one else has these memories of just feelings but don't really know where they come from and how they origonally related to you.And what are the triggers that causes them.

Re: uncertain memories,but not of a place person or object.

Yes and I think you explained it quite well.
    "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Yeah I get those - its smells like late summer evenings, petrol, paraffin, cut grass, apple blossom, rain drops evaporating off hot paving stones, certain foods - sometimes I even get a sort of taste/smell of products you can't buy anymore or Mum used to cook...yesterdays weather reminded me of a memory I had and all.

Comment

Yes I do. Mostly I can remember what the feeling or whatever is related to, but sometimes I can't. I have to say I mostly get this with slightly unpleasant or 'weird' feelings.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Taste is a good one,like splicer bars,double agents,primary school meals or home cooked bread etc.
          Smell certainly can trigger it.But often or not it's whole combination of external things that come together just at the right time that tends to be the trigger for me.So just a warm evening won't be enought,but add to that a certain sound,or smell,or perhaps a visual stimulant then it can trigger a memory of a feeling from possibly donkey years ago.

Sometimes these memories of feelings tend to send a shiver down my back.It is such a pity that I just cannot link any events in my life to them.

I suppose one of my work mates put a word to it...euphoria.But is it the same thing?

Comment

Working...
          X