Turn That Cr*p Off!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Turn That Cr*p Off!!!

You never heard Come on Eileen? Are you serious?

Comment

im serious mate.
      compared to most of you im not a big music listener.
      anything by barbara streisand im not mad about.

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      You never heard Come on Eileen? Are you serious?
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

You must have heard this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc-P8oDuS0Q

Seriously, it was played to death, still is if you go to any functions that player older music.

Comment

ah yes i do indeed know it mate.

never knew what the song was actually called thats what done me.

never liked anything bu blur or westlife.
          all westlife did was cover versions

You must have heard this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc-P8oDuS0Q

Seriously, it was played to death, still is if you go to any functions that player older music.

Comment

The Titanic theme tune was 'My Heart Will Go On' by Celine Dion.

I agree with Koukou- anything by Simply Red I reach for the 'off' knob.
            Also:
            'The Living Years' by Mike & The Mechanics
            'A Spaceman Came Travelling' by Chris de Burgh (though this is usually only played at Christmas)
            'The Power Of Love' by Jennifer Rush
            That song by Kenny Rogers with the lyrics "Promise me son, not to do the things I've done..." (etc. etc. Redneck bar-room garbage!)
            Any modern gangsta-rap that glorifies violence and gun-culture (especially Snoop Doggie Dogg)
            Anything by U2 (one of the most over-rated bands in history, and obsessed with their Irishness)
            Anything by Catatonia / Cerys Matthews (she believes that if you weren't actually BORN in Wales you're not properly Welsh. I'm as Taff as they come, and I was born in Birmingham!!)
            'Don't Go' by The Hothouse Flowers
            Anything by Prince (is there anyone alive who would NOT like to wring that man's neck??!)

Comment

hi roxxy i sure agree with u on the following.
              Any modern gangsta-rap that lorifies violence and gun-culture (especially Snoop Doggie Dogg)
              music should not be about these things.
              i dont like any song that has cursing in it.

i dont like any music by boy nands blue,westlife,east 17 boyzone etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Roxxy View Post
                The Titanic theme tune was 'My Heart Will Go On' by Celine Dion.

Anything by Catatonia / Cerys Matthews
                Same here. In fact, apart from the great soul divas, I'm not overly a fan of female singers - in particular, step forwards the wailing banshees Shakespeare's Sister and Alannis Morissette - Aaarghhhhhhh!!!
                Glad there are so many others who hate "Gangsta Rap" and all it stands for - just no need for it.
                Anything & everything with / by Morrissey.

Comment

What drives me round the bend are the morons who have turned their car into a rolling speaker with a stereo system that's often worth more than the car itself. You can hear them halfway down the street blasting their stupid rap or hip hop. BOOMPF BOOMPF BOOMPF

As far as I'm concerned rap isn't even music at all.

Comment

oh i so agree with this mate.

to me rap has no real skill about it when it comes to lyrics.[

QUOTE=victorbrunswick;165245]What drives me round the bend are the morons who have turned their car into a rolling speaker with a stereo system that's often worth more than the car itself. You can hear them halfway down the street blasting their stupid rap or hip hop. BOOMPF BOOMPF BOOMPF

As far as I'm concerned rap isn't even music at all.[/QUOTE]

Comment

The problem with rap is that only the gangsta stuff gets thrown about. There is good rap. The Beastie Boys were great. Jurassic 5 too. Lupe Fiasco. Roots Manuva. De La Soul. MF Doom. All head and shoulders over the usual gangsta silage that most people recognise as rap.

Comment

MF Doom
                        Originally posted by darren View Post
                        to me rap has no real skill about it when it comes to lyrics.
                        No disrespect Darren, but I strongly suggest that you have a listen to MF Doom,
                        It's unlikely that you would suggest that he has no skill when it comes to lyrics if you give him a go.

I feel that I have to stick up for hip hop here.
                        Most of the stuff referred to here isn't hip hop, it's pop rap, there is a huge difference.
                        Hip hop isn't just music, it's a culture which also includes DJing, breakdancing & graffiti art.
                        Real hip hop doesn't necessarily glamourise the money\guns\women thing, unlike the pop rap that you are used to hearing.
                        I am a fan of many different kinds of music, & am a musician myself. I work with hip hop artists & they are all lovely people.
                        Obviously everyone here is entitled to their own opinions, but as with all kinds of good music, you have to dig a bit, you don't have to put up with what the mainstream pushes on you, there is always good music of all varieties out there, you just don't usually hear it on daytime radio.
                        Like I said, i'm not trying to disrespect anyone or their opinions, I just want you to see that most stuff labled as hip hop isn't real hip hop.
                        Real hip hop is about peace, unity & having fun !

Comment

any of the modern (c)rap that spews its content out of passing car windows. For some reason the moron behind the wheel deems in necessary for the entire neighbourhood to hear him before he is within a half mile. I confronted one in a filling station, would you mind turning that (c)rap off, I am trying to use a thing called a brain. He said that if it was too loud, I was too old. I replied that it was not too loud, as I am a Sabbath fan; but its the moron who is playing it thats too loud.

Comment

Yes, I hate that sort of thing too...I often think they could put those metal posts with the twisted cotton thick ropes you find outside nightclubs, a few bouncers and start charging people to dance around the car as they boom out their cr-p like a mobile nightclub...its pathetic. Roll on their tinitus!

I also hate Gangsta (C)RAP and Chase n Status - they are awful...

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                              It's unlikely that you would suggest that he has no skill when it comes to lyrics if you give him a go.

Most of the stuff referred to here isn't hip hop, it's pop rap, there is a huge difference.
                              Hip hop isn't just music, it's a culture which also includes DJing, breakdancing & graffiti art.
                              Real hip hop doesn't necessarily glamourise the money\guns\women thing, unlike the pop rap that you are used to hearing.
                              I am a fan of many different kinds of music, & am a musician myself. I work with hip hop artists & they are all lovely people.
                              Obviously everyone here is entitled to their own opinions, but as with all kinds of good music, you have to dig a bit, you don't have to put up with what the mainstream pushes on you, there is always good music of all varieties out there, you just don't usually hear it on daytime radio.
                              Like I said, i'm not trying to disrespect anyone or their opinions, I just want you to see that most stuff labled as hip hop isn't real hip hop.
                              Amen Brother. The mainstream stuff gives rap and hip hop a bad bad name. I can understand why people don't like it, it sounds very similar in passing, but a lot of the good stuff covers topics many of us here could relate to. Such an eclectic sound that can nurture the mind.

On a side note, people playing music loudly doesn't just stem from people playing gangsta rap. Every type of music gets abused this way. People can just be obnoxious to other peoples personal space.

Comment

hey mate no offence taken.
                                ive never heard of pop rap.

if its pop rap then why is it not called what it should be called its giving hip hop a bad name.
                                yes ill give MF DOOM a listen.

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X