Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to find a book for my dad - 50s/early 60s :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find a book for my dad - 50s/early 60s :)

Hi, I know all I seem to do on here lately is ask for help, but bear with me I'm trying to track down a storybook/annual thing from the late 50s/early 60s for my dad. unfortunately his memories of it are sketchy at best. Here is what he remembers -

- one of the stories was about a football match or football team, where one of the players or his brother was being blackmailed, and one of the baddies came onto the side of the pitch, only to have a football hit him and knock him out. Then the team won (obviously )

- another story was a cargo ship hit something and got a hole. All they had to repair the hole with was a load of gold they had to melt and stick in the hole

- 3rd story - a German gun was firing shells and the British had to go stop it. It featured a plane flying through a railway tunnel, and the germans tried unsuccessfully to block the tunnel with a train. the British went on to blow this gun up.

Will edit with more if he remembers more, in the meantime if this rings any bells that would be ace
Working...
X