Films that make u cry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Films that make u cry.

Dont know if there is a thread like this so i start one.

So what films make members shed a tear or lots of tears.

can be films from any decade.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Re: Films that make u cry.

Any Given Sunday (1999), it's one of my favourite films and I watched it again recently. It's not the kind of film that would really be associated with being a weepie or really making anyone cry but there is one moment in particular that has me welling up slightly, but I'll get to that in a moment. Just to paint the picture for those who aren't familiar with the film it's a movie about an American football team coached by Al Pacino. The beauty is that you don't have to be familiar or a fan of the sport to enjoy it. Pacino is this washed up old-school coach who finds his team on a losing streak, he has to deal with so many factors right through the film. For a start he kind of lives on past glories, finds himself having to deal with team owner Cameron Diaz and her constant meddling as to why the team can't win.

Then he also has to deal with his star player succumbing to injury and being replaced by a young star in the making who quickly lets all his success and fame go to his head. Then there are the players who party hard and enjoy the girls, drugs and alcohol that come with it. Basically, Pacino has a lot on his plate which brings me to the scene in question, Pacino delivers his team talk just before they go out into the biggest game of their lives. Simply put it's such an incredibly powerful scene as Pacino pulls all of his players together and attempts to get them working not for themselves, but for each other.

Here's the link - Al Pacino 'Inches' Speech (For the easily offended, there are one or two uses of bad language)

It just gets me every time, moving but incredibly inspirational.
    Last edited by Palazzo; 24-09-2012, 20:24. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

switched at birth got me
      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

not seen that mark.

watership down gets me very teary indeed.
        there are just to many sad parts to it.
        one being bright eyes being killed.

and also the part where the fields are covered in blood.

also in lord rings fellowship of the ring where boromir is killed by lurtz and then the other fellowship members aragormgimli and legolas send his body out in the boat.

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
        switched at birth got me

Comment

The original Railway Children always makes me cry............when Bobbie (Jenny Agutter) says " Daddy, my Daddy!" on the platform when her father returns ...........oh heck! Wheres the tissues?

Comment

oh yes your right there.
            been a long time since i saw it.

but that part you describe is a real tear jerker.

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
            The original Railway Children always makes me cry............when Bobbie (Jenny Agutter) says " Daddy, my Daddy!" on the platform when her father returns ...........oh heck! Wheres the tissues?

Comment

darren if you aint see switched at birth and you shead a few tears at watership down then go buy the dvd off switched at birth also got your local supermarket to get box of tissues too ya be needing them
              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

hey mark i shed more than a few with watership down mate.
                i may well have saw switched at birth but i cant remember it.
                ill check it out.

another tear jerker for me is dying young which stars julia roberts as hilary o neill.

Victor Geddes Campbell Scott is a well-educated, rich, and shy 28 year-old. As the film progresses, Victor's health worsens progressively, due to leukemia. Despite his father's protests, Victor hires Hilary to be his live-in caretaker while he undergoes a traumatic course of chemotherapy.

Hillary becomes insecure of her ability to care for Victor after her first exposure to the side effects of his chemotherapy treatment. She studies about leukemia and stocks healthier food in the kitchen.

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                darren if you aint see switched at birth and you shead a few tears at watership down then go buy the dvd off switched at birth also got your local supermarket to get box of tissues too ya be needing them

Comment

The only two films that have ever made me cry are The Green Mile and Million Dollar Baby.

Comment

"Champions" the story of Bob champion who overcame cancer and went on win the grand national on a horse called Aldaniti who survived a career threatening injury.A film that never fails to make me blub like a big baby

Comment

the fact its a true story makes it even better mate.

this film you describe its no wonder you cry when watching it.
                      no harm in blubbing like a big baby eh mate.

titanic does the same to me really gets me emotional plenty of tears.

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
                      "Champions" the story of Bob champion who overcame cancer and went on win the grand national on a horse called Aldaniti who survived a career threatening injury.A film that never fails to make me blub like a big baby

Comment

When River Phoenix cries in 'Stand By Me' (telling Wil Wheaton about the stolen money)..... I cry too.

Comment

for sure this film make me cry.

quite an emotional film.

Originally posted by DaysWentRollingBy View Post
                          When River Phoenix cries in 'Stand By Me' (telling Wil Wheaton about the stolen money)..... I cry too.

Comment

Braveheart (Mel Gibson), Charlotte's Web and Forever Young (Mel Gibson).

Comment

Summer Madness golden oldie film starring Katherine Hepburn and Rossano Brazzi (the ending) :cry: set in romantic Venice. If a man looked that way at me I would just melt like chocolate......... I wish men were as romantic as him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...20nVAzD8#t=99s

Comment

Working...
                              X