Free entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free entries

Where have you been guys lately on a day out holidays etc,where you actually access somewhere for free

Went last year to the Railway museum in York free entry it was excellent if your interested in steam trains then well worth visiting.

The fishermans museum and shipwreck museum both free in Hastings real good put small change in donation box.

I believe if more places had free entry then they would have more visitors hence more people would donate their change in the boxes provide,which help to run places.

Re: Free entries

the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum in london are both free and are a really good day out
    Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Makes me laugh when places ask for a "voluntary donation". Salisbury cathedral does this - it's only a "voluntary donation"... of £6.50, at a locked turnstile, with staff there at a desk to take your money ...

Comment

The British library in London was a good find. Lots on display from original written lyrics by the Beatles to the Magna Carta!
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by the fox View Post
          Makes me laugh when places ask for a "voluntary donation". Salisbury cathedral does this - it's only a "voluntary donation"... of £6.50, at a locked turnstile, with staff there at a desk to take your money ...
          That is a bit much I mean it should be donate what you can afford

I mean a lot of cathedrals in the country you have to pay a fee to get in I think Canterbury is £10

When we were in Bath for the xmas markets in 2006 it was free to have a look inside the abbey maybe it has changed now

Comment

I do voluntary work in a local museum in Coventry. As far as I can remember entry has always been free. Occasionally we have charged exhibitions. Considering the tight budgets on museums and art galleries, I think that's pretty good. Culture and history should be free when possible with people giving what they can, when they can. If you can't give any money...how about giving some time?

Comment

If there were more free entries into places then more people would visit hence more likely to donate loose change,I would anyway.When I retire would think about helping out for free.

The war museum in Exeter is free

Comment

Working...
              X