What little treats do you like for christmas that dont cost much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What little treats do you like for christmas that dont cost much

tha a good price i think ill give it miss or they wuna last till xmas then ill regret eating them all but saying that for that price it worth gettin loads in and have some will power to leave alone

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    Asda has reduced their chocolates £2 for boxes of quality street,roses,celebrations etc
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

well ive got the xmas tv guide thats one out of the way lol
      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

It has to be the tin of Roses/Quality St for me. I will quite happily sit there working my way through the whole tin....growling at anybody who comes within 10 feet of me....only when all the nasty coffee ones are left will I pass them round. The only trouble is they aren't available where I live, so I have to buy a tin when I visit UK. As this can often be months before Xmas, they rarely get to see Xmas Day. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
          well ive got the xmas tv guide thats one out of the way lol
          The tv choice is out today I wonder what delights we got

Comment

Yeah, got my TV Times today as well.
            20 odd years back getting the first read of the Christmas TV Times was a big thing.
            There used to be so many incredible things on festive TV back then.
            I haven't read this years one yet, but telly is so poor these days I will be happy if I can find five things in the whole magazine that I want to watch.

I did get some more Christmas treats in today.
            Plastic "tins" of Quality Street & Roses, recent years i've ended up with stuff like Cadburys Heroes & whatever the Mars ones are called, but this year I went with the British traditional combo. A 12 pack of Wild Cherry Pepsi (surprisingly cheap in my local Sainsburys), A few packs of chocolate covered pretzels, Some Turkish Delight (which I haven't had for years), some Kahlúa, some passion fruit liqueur, & lots of interesting sweets.
            I've also bought something to try called the miracle berry, I originally saw them on QI, has anyone heard of them, or even tried them.
            I have also bought some insects to try with my girlfriend, a pack of fried mealworms with mexican spices !
            Has anyone else got a weirder Christmas treat ???

I have also got some recipes for eggnog, which I am finally going to try.
            I am also toying with the idea of getting a bottle of Advocaat, so I can have a snowball for the first time in about thirty years.

Comment

I had a quick glance at the xmas guide there was a handful of things to watch on four main channels,havent checked out the freeviews yet

Comment

Working...
              X