Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with sleeping

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • amethyst
    replied
    Re: Problems with sleeping

    Still playing scrabble before going to bed it seems to work sleeping like a log

    Leave a comment:


  • goodbyetomaria
    replied
    Re: Problems with sleeping

    Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    Anybody got any tips on a good nights sleep?

    When I toss and turn I know that I wont sleep

    Have to get up for a cup of tea

    One thing that I think might have solved the problem is by playing scrabble before going to bed it relaxes the mind but not to go to bed before 11pm.

    Last night of course I went to bed at 9.30pm no scrabble couldnt sleep and got up twice.

    Now this morning I feel really tired
    Lay off the tea, it will not help at all.

    Leave a comment:


  • amethyst
    replied
    Re: Problems with sleeping

    If I cant sleep at night then I tend to get a cat nap during the day

    Leave a comment:


  • victorbrunswick
    replied
    Re: Problems with sleeping

    I find that normally I can't sleep for more than three hours at a time. For me I'll either read or get on the computer and that seems to do the trick for me. Also having the radio on helps sometimes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jay Mc
    replied
    Re: Problems with sleeping

    Sleep right on the very edge of the bed ............ You'll soon drop off

    sorry ...... Taxi for Jay

    Leave a comment:


  • xmark1234
    replied
    Re: Problems with sleeping

    listen to relaxing sounds like panpipes , waves , or if not try self hypnosis

    Leave a comment:


  • amethyst
    replied
    Re: Problems with sleeping

    Thanks for the tips I played scrabble until 11pm and guess what had a good nights sleep,woke up 20 mins ago

    Leave a comment:


  • DemonEyeX
    replied
    Re: Problems with sleeping

    Reading helps me a lot.
    In particular, reading things I have previously read & am already familiar with.

    Leave a comment:


  • Trickyvee
    replied
    Re: Problems with sleeping

    Sometimes I try to imagine relaxing all the parts of my body very slowly from my toes up to my head. I don't move on to the next section until the one below it feels properly relaxed and still. It can take a while but by the time I get to my head I've usually nodded off. Think it is a bit meditative.

    Leave a comment:


  • Powdered toast man
    replied
    Re: Problems with sleeping

    Birdsong radio or an electric fan set to low speed. Or just leave BBC News running all night for a dull soporific drone.....

    Leave a comment:


  • catflap
    replied
    Re: Problems with sleeping

    Telegraph cryptic crossword every night - usually sorts me out!

    Leave a comment:


  • sixtyten
    replied
    Re: Problems with sleeping

    Wine!

    Leave a comment:


  • Cooldeepblue
    replied
    Re: Problems with sleeping

    I have lots of trouble sleeping too. One thing I find helps very much, if you have a laptop or similar, is to listen to audio books. There are 1000's free on YouTube.

    Leave a comment:


  • amethyst
    started a topic Problems with sleeping

    Problems with sleeping

    Anybody got any tips on a good nights sleep?

    When I toss and turn I know that I wont sleep

    Have to get up for a cup of tea

    One thing that I think might have solved the problem is by playing scrabble before going to bed it relaxes the mind but not to go to bed before 11pm.

    Last night of course I went to bed at 9.30pm no scrabble couldnt sleep and got up twice.

    Now this morning I feel really tired
Working...
X