Birds nesting in my chimney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds nesting in my chimney

As luck would have it some avian bandits have taken up residence in our chimney and they seem to be dumping small forests in our sitting room. I've been blowing whistles up there to scare them orff but all this seems to do is get them excited. Looks like we might have to wait till august to have it removed and I'm guessing a sweep is going to be expensive?

Has anyone got any humane tips or ideas of what it might cost to get the work done?

Re: Birds nesting in my chimney

Originally posted by Littlelen View Post
    As luck would have it some avian bandits have taken up residence in our chimney and they seem to be dumping small forests in our sitting room. I've been blowing whistles up there to scare them orff but all this seems to do is get them excited. Looks like we might have to wait till august to have it removed and I'm guessing a sweep is going to be expensive?

Has anyone got any humane tips or ideas of what it might cost to get the work done?
    Get a roofer in to remove the nest maybe

Comment

light a fire, smoke em out

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
        light a fire, smoke em out
        I considered it but we've got kids here and if the flue is full we could end up poisoning us all with carbon monoxide. So far we've been blowing whistles up and my hubby has been throwing stones wide to scare them off. Cheeky little beggars are making a hell of a mess!

Apparently there's rules about removing nests between march and august so we might be stuck with them till then At least we don't need to put it on at the moment.

Comment

How about phoning the council for advice

Comment

Working...
          X