X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George 1978
    replied
    Re: General Election 2019

Got to Vote at 1.15 pm, and of course it was pouring with rain (just like on the day of the local elections back in May) and I have wet feet - listened to the World at One (no political talk there of course), and heard that Sir Paul McCartney Christmas interview on my personal radio as I was walking to the Polling Station. Glad I have done the deed this time around.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

That's a good one Zincubus ha.

Diane Abbott went out wearing to LEFT shoes lol.I haven't voted yet must remember to put my boots on

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    I have just read this morning about the fake nurse on labour advert in Wales alongside First Welsh minister Mark Drakeford & Swansea East labour Carolyn Harris who were both in the advert
    Well I wouldn’t trust ANY of them to look after my hamster for the weekend !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

I have just read this morning about the fake nurse on labour advert in Wales alongside First Welsh minister Mark Drakeford & Swansea East labour Carolyn Harris who were both in the advert

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Ironically enough, I get a lot more excited about General Elections as an adult as I would have done over Christmas and birthdays as a child - I suppose that it is democracy in action and as citizens, we have a chance to have our own say and doing something about it. Almost anyway...

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zincubus
    replied

Line ‘em all up whilst I get me gun ...

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
    Yeah, you might bump into Boris or Nigel! :-0
    No such luck lol
    Boris was in Derby get Brexit done pie lol

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

Boris bulldozing in Staffordshire yesterday.Delivering milk in Pudsey West Yorks this morning then he hid in the fridge lol
    I saw him on the BBC News website putting something to a van or something - that must have been his stint as a milkman.

I just love the way the party leaders contradict each other and say different things to get people to vote for them.

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    If I was Prime Minister calling an election, I would choose the Thursday which is the closest one to the longest day of the year for a General Election so that the longer daylight hours and better weather would benefit the increase of the turnout - the 1970 election was held on that equivalent date and the 2016 Referendum was as well.
    The 1970 election was unexpectedly rainy & England's recent early defeat in the World Cup are often said to be factors that swung the result towards the conservative party.

Leave a comment:

• zabadak
    replied

The problem having an election this time of year it gets dark around 4pm Wouldnt fancy walking in the dark.
    Yeah, you might bump into Boris or Nigel! :-0

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Boris bulldozing in Staffordshire yesterday.Delivering milk in Pudsey West Yorks this morning then he hid in the fridge lol

Leave a comment:

• George 1978
    replied

The problem having an election this time of year it gets dark around 4pm I will be voting in the morning.Wouldnt fancy walking in the dark,when we had May/June elections I would vote in the evening.
    It will be strange that it will still be dark outside when the Polling Stations open at 7.00 am.

If I was Prime Minister calling an election, I would choose the Thursday which is the closest one to the longest day of the year for a General Election so that the longer daylight hours and better weather would benefit the increase of the turnout - the 1970 election was held on that equivalent date and the 2016 Referendum was as well.

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

Did anyone watch question time from York last night?

Leave a comment:

• amethyst
    replied

The problem having an election this time of year it gets dark around 4pm I will be voting in the morning.Wouldnt fancy walking in the dark,when we had May/June elections I would vote in the evening.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X